HU SNG - AKo facing turn shove

• Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.5 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (2 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB (t1798)
      Hero (SB) (t1202)

Hero's M: 40.07

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A
      Hero bets t40, BB raises to t80, Hero raises to t210, BB calls t130

Flop: (t420) 9, 2, Q (2 players)
      BB bets t120, Hero raises to t300, BB calls t180

Turn: (t1020) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets t1288 (All-In), Hero calls t692 (All-In)

River: (t2404) 3 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t2404

The guy was pretty solid for a $1.50 player lol When he shoved the turn I knew he had a Q or a flush basically. I figured his range when he shoved would be something like... QQ,99,66,AQs+,KQs,Q9s+,JTs,KQo,Q9o. Against his actual hand according to HEM I needed 29% equity and as played according to HEM I had 32% equity so for this actual hand it was +EV but against the range I've given here my equity is 27%.

Do you think this range is accurate? Was it a good call, marginal or downright bad?
  • 3 replies
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      i'm no sng pro, especially with those stack sizes, but imo the board smashes villains range, so i would prob just call the flop donkbet, otherwise with the raise you are committing yourself to the pot and must call a shove, as he can shove worse draws/hands.

as played, i think neither calling nor folding won't be that bad, close spot
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by phantommm92
      i'm no sng pro, especially with those stack sizes, but imo the board smashes villains range, so i would prob just call the flop donkbet, otherwise with the raise you are committing yourself to the pot and must call a shove, as he can shove worse draws/hands.

as played, i think neither calling nor folding won't be that bad, close spot
      On the flop I gave him a different range and figured I had plenty of equity... So I would have given him 99+, ATo+, KTs, KJo+ & QTs+ maybe which is a range I was looking good against. On the turn of course the flush completes and he shoves which I think was a good play because I had the outright equity for a call against his exact hand but I would fold a lot of equity there often so well played by him. IMO there's not much else I could've done on the flop although I'm always happy to hear different lines. Once he shoved on the turn I knew it was close but I thought I may have the edge - Looking back I'm not so sure.

I'm still learning the ropes with equity and assigning hand ranges so I could be way off!
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      well, you'r prob about flipping against that?so i prefer either a big raise, or just a call