This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Calling 3bet with AK

• BreadWarden
      BreadWarden
      Bronze
      Known players:       
      Hero:
      $10.4
      BU:
      $2.5

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , K:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, BU raises to $0.58, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.38.

Playing against a short stack here, I didn't really have any information on them, though. I thought they probably either have some A hand or a high pocket pair, and I am dominating all of their A hands, also that there was a pretty good chance of them going all in, being a short stack and 3 betting, so if I hit my pair on the flop I would have a pretty good chance of taking their stack, otherwise I fold. Was this an alright call, or should I have just folded. Also, on the flop, would check/raising be the best way to go?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BreadWarden,

Calling here doesn't make sense at all! Either we ship it preflop vs his raise or just fold it. Against his stack most likely if I expect him to 3bet loose then just ship it.

Best Regards.