This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Ajo - called a small raise in position

• jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $2.08
      UTG+1: $1.26
      MP: $2.18
      MP+1: $2.23
      Hero (CO): $2.02
      BTN: $2.08
      SB: $1.97
      BB: $2.58

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:club: J:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.06, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.06, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.15, 2 players) A:heart: 9:heart: 9:diamond:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.11, UTG+1 calls $0.11

Turn: ($0.37, 2 players) 3:spade:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.27, UTG+1 raises to $1.09 and is all-in, fold

UTG+1 wins $0.87
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jeszkar,

Preflop: Don't flat-call such hands, especially having so many opponents behind you. The hand is horrible for multiway pots. And obviously UTG so often dominates your range.

As played
      Postflop: Not much you could do there, most likely were against better Ax hand.

Best Regards.
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Fold or call the only two possible action. And like I said I tired to I have to fold my every single hand.
    • cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      i would have folded this hand, also because he is short stack, if you call and bet you should call him down, he can also have A T....
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cekpirus88
      i would have folded this hand, also because he is short stack, if you call and bet you should call him down, he can also have A T....
      OK, I fold and when I should start to play? Never?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by jeszkar
      Fold or call the only two possible action. And like I said I tired to I have to fold my every single hand.
      Why? What about 3bet?
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by jeszkar
      Why? What about 3bet?
      The raise came from UTG, yeah it a small raise but it still come from UTG. It's mean he can get strong hand, so I don't want to 3-bet him. But he raise small so maybe it worths a shoot to see the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      As I said already, AJo ain't a multiway hand, either 3bet/Fold it or just fold it directly. You answered your play already yourself with saying that he has a strong range there, what do you hope to hit then? If you hit J then you don't know if you are ahead, if you hit your Ace then neither you don't know if you are ahead. So what you hoping to hit? :D And with just Calling and hoping to hit you wont play the hand profitable.