Bankroll in Euros

• DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Today I played NL at three tables, and my bankroll was 66.50 Euro. I could only play one hand per table, then i got disconnected.

When i go and look at cash table history it says this

Chips bought: 5 Chips cashed out: 4.96

So, my starting bankroll is 66.50 Euro. Now, it stands at 66.37 Euro. So, I lost 0.12 dollars and 0.13 Euro. I do not understand. I should lost only about 0.08 Euro. Where did the 5 cents went? That are two BB at NL5.

It happens to me often. The actual losses or winnings do not match, always a couple of cents less. I get the feeling that during the conversion from Euro to dollars and vice versa, they always round the numbers in their favor.

Where is the trick? Why is Titan stealing my money?
  • 15 replies
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Another example from today.

I lost 0.33$ ( 0.21Eur ), but my bankroll shows 0.28Eur (0.44$) drop. This is not fair. How can one be a winning player.

I dont get it. Where is this money going?!?!
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      The tables have rake?
      Just a guess.

EDIT: Rake is how the pokersites make money. They take a small fee from the pots on cashtables and a extra fee in BuyIn tourneys like SNG's. For instance a SNG costing 10$+1$. The 10$ goes to the prize pool, while the 1$ goes to the pokersite as their income.
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hey DrFunk,

I suggest that you turn to Titan support with your concern. Simply click on the "Online support" icon and one of the representatives will assist you.

@Vargan: it doesn't look like rake. The house doesn't take rake that way. ;)

Best regards,
      thunderbird56
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      It is not a rake, because the rake is already in the pots, so no.

Titan support is slow and stupid. Will try to email them.

Practically i have lost almost 200BB in 8000 hands.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thunderbird56
      @Vargan: it doesn't look like rake. The house doesn't take rake that way. ;)

Best regards,
      thunderbird56
      Alright. Was just a guess. :D :diamond:
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Ill tell you what it is.
      Currently, you have your bankroll in euros, and the tables are in dollars.That means that your buy-in money are transfered to euros and back to dollars every time you sit down/up.The tricky part is that the two conversion rates(EUR>Dollar and Dollar>EUR) are different with a cent or two in favor to the house( as always).So, in fact you lose some money every time you play...I would suggest you turning your account currency in $, and then turning it back to EUR just for withdrawals.That way, you will lose a lot less
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      Ill tell you what it is.
      Currently, you have your bankroll in euros, and the tables are in dollars.That means that your buy-in money are transfered to euros and back to dollars every time you sit down/up.The tricky part is that the two conversion rates(EUR>Dollar and Dollar>EUR) are different with a cent or two in favor to the house( as always).So, in fact you lose some money every time you play...I would suggest you turning your account currency in $, and then turning it back to EUR just for withdrawals.That way, you will lose a lot less
      No offense, but that is just stupid. You loose more money that way, since the dollar keeps dropping.
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Now, i would rather have my account in dollars, but i asked the support this before, but they said that it is not possible. I must get a new account if I want to change my currency. This sucks.
    • PatMood
      PatMood
      Bronze
      Doesn't the exchange rate remain the same from when you sat down until when you leave? I can only see you losing 1 BB per session per table. That can add up though, unless you are at micro stakes.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Yes, exchange rate is the same when you leave table as when you entered, so this can't be it. Best way for you will be to contact titan poker support.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Dippy19
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      Ill tell you what it is.
      No offense, but that is just stupid. You loose more money that way, since the dollar keeps dropping.
      Hehe , You just didnt get it.
      http://www.x-rates.com/ go here, and start with 10 Euros. Convert them to dollars and then back to euros with the according exchange rates. You will lose around 1 cent from the conversion.
      In titan, such double way conversions are made every time you sit/stand up,or rebuy - and with even worse exchange rate ratios. The guy is playing is playing SSS i assume, so he changes tables a lot.

The dollar drops anyway, but its not important here >>> it would be important in a longterm, if the $ doesnt stabilize - which I believe it will soon enough, or at leastwith the election of a new president.But that is just politics..
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Acutaly there is no commision fee on titan poker, let me quite from help files:
      Poker Multicurrency

Multicurrency functionality makes it possible for players, whose selected currency differs from the base currency of the Poker Network, to buy poker chips and register for tournaments quickly and easily.

The currency exchange is performed automatically each time poker chips are bought. The same applies when registering to a tournament, ending a tournament or leaving a table.

Multicurrency offers the best exchange rates possible. The rate is set at the moment of transaction and remains fixed until the tournament ends or the player leaves the table. Unlike other poker rooms, this Poker Network does not charge commission on currency exchanges.

Tables

The exchange rate for a player at a table remains fixed for the duration of the game - from the moment the first chips are purchased until the time the player leaves the table.

Tournaments

The exchange rate for a player in a tournament, as it applies to re-buys, add-ons and wins, remains fixed for the duration of the tournament - from the moment of registration until the player leaves the tournament.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Well, that is not counted as comission.
      Just the the exchange rate EUR>$ and $>EUR are different.
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      I have sent an email, and they replied this.

What do you recommend me? I will be playing micro limits for quite some time i think, and it can cost me a lot of money (right now i am down about 4$ in 11k hands).

What is the easiest way to trasfer the money somewhere and then back? Moneybookers maybe? I don't have any experience with it.

Thank you for contacting Titan Poker.

This is Katherine from the Support Team.

Nejc, please be informed that out conversion rates are based on the international foreign exchange currency that our Poker Management has been using in accordance with our financial policies and banking regulations.

Regarding your request to change your account currency to USD, since you still have ?67.56 in your poker account, we ask that you use up the remaining money by playing on ring games and tournaments or by simply cashing it out.

Please note that changing your currency will be the same as having a new account. Your available points may be transferred however; these points can only be used to play in any points buy-in tournaments. Please send us a confirmation once you?re all set to change the currency of your account.

Your patience and cooperation is greatly appreciated. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Titan Poker Support Team. We are available 24 Hours a day, 7 days a week.

With best regards,
      Titan Poker

LOL @ "we ask that you use up the remaining money by playing on ring games and tournaments"
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Ok, i tried withdrawing with moneybookers but i need to deposit first with moneybooker.

Stupid tricks.

Any other ideas how to withdraw/transfer? Bank transfer is too expensive, and i dont have any cars