Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $11.35
      SB: $6.15
      BB: $5.55
      UTG: $13.10
      Hero (CO): $18.45

Pre-Flop: 8:heart: A:heart: dealt to Hero (CO)
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 5:spade: 6:heart: 8:spade: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.70, BTN raises to $1.40, Hero calls $0.70

Turn: ($3.75) 9:club: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($3.75) 4:heart: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $1, BTN raises to $2, Hero folds

I called the flop because 1) he was a complete donk, I put him on overcards 2) it hurts me inside everytime I fold to a minraise.

His check on the turn kinda confirmed my read (possibly just overs). Then I intended a block bet on the river, because the river couldn't have helped him.

Should I just fold the flop?
  • 4 replies
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      I would've played the same way but c/c river.
    • LMOJ
      LMOJ
      Bronze
      In PartyPoker NL10 every time I don't fold to a raise on the flop with top pair I end up getting stacked by a set. But your game is a shorthanded one in Full Tilt, so players must play different.

As played, that river minraise totally convinced you that he had the 7 or another kind of hand that beats yours? The pot was almost 7 times as big as the raise you had to call. A simple 15% chance that he indeed had overcards, complete trash or a hand like A5 of spades would have made a call correct.

Let's see what the judges have to say :D
    • Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      your raise preflop was fine...

you flop bet was ok, the min raise looked weak and your call was ok (i would of made that call)

checking the turn was fine..

you should of check/call on the river, the way you played it you had to call to a min raise as the pot is nearly $7...

yea i would be interested to see what the judges have to say also..
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Roya1flush
      your raise preflop was fine...

you flop bet was ok, the min raise looked weak and your call was ok (i would of made that call)

checking the turn was fine..

you should of check/call on the river, the way you played it you had to call to a min raise as the pot is nearly $7...

Can´t imagine what hands would call your river bet, theat you´ll beat. So I would also c/c river. But since you only bet less than 1/3 pot then you should call his river min-raise, because you´re getting so good odds and he could make that move with any two.