[NL2-NL10] Aa

• cozacu
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      Hero raises to $0.16, CO calls $0.16, BU folds, SB calls $0.14, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.52) 7, 8, J (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, CO calls $0.50, SB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.02) 3 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.21, CO calls $1.21, SB raises to $3.08(All-In), Hero calls $1.87.

River: ($9.39) T (3 players)

Final Pot: $9.39.
  • 2 replies
    • HansTheGreat
      Hey Cozacu,

I m doing this evaluation as part of my Lesson 7 Homework of the NL Beginners Course. It would be very lovely if you had stats but I will try to give a shot this way. Quite hard decision to bet the turn. I mean from my experience is always better to bet/fold rather then check/call. But what is gonna call us if we are multiway weaker then AA in this spot. There it comes the fact what kind of players are we facing. If you think that they are capable of calling with Jx on such a board or still some pair+draw type of hands sure you can go and bet but overall I like more to check/fold or check/call. The check/fold is quite nitty but it would appear in the scene where you check and the CO pushes and SB moves all-in as well. You always have to remember if you fire the turn you have to call a shove with such stacks since you are pot commited. If you would have a set I would fire the turn but this way for me it looks like a bit overplayed but we will see what the coach will say.
    • veriz
      Hello cozacu,

Check behind the turn or even Check/Fold while being in multiway pot. It's very likely that some of them may easily have the flush which completed and a lot of set combos possible and even straight. ;)

Best Regards.