This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL .01/.02 AA not getting enough value?

• jetocumen
      jetocumen
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $1.94
      BTN: $0.78
      SB: $1.97
      BB: $1.97
      UTG: $2.31
      UTG+1: $3.71
      MP: $0.85
      Hero (MP+1): $2.53
      LP: $1.81

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:diamond: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, LP calls $0.08, fold, fold, SB calls $0.07, fold

Flop: ($0.26, 3 players) T:diamond: A:heart: Q:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, fold, fold

Hero wins $0.25

Am I over betting my Aces here? This usually happens, whenever I have AK or AA most of the times when I bet pre-flop everyone folds. Then when someone calls and I bet 2/3 of the pot on the flop they also fold. Should I just call on preflop to let more players in and during the flop should I just check or min raise?

Most of the time I only play for an hour and I only get an average .50 net earnings even with two tables. I play standard hands on the chart and only deviate when I am in the SB, BB and Button. Am I playing too tight and too aggressive that my opponents seems to fold most of the time?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jetocumen,

I would CB definitely bigger, no way I am giving good odds for them to draw. ~$0,22 even. :)

Best Regards.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Jetocumen

It often happens that when you have a nice hand all the other people fold. Think about it this way. You have 2 aces, there is 1 on the table. So there is only 1 ace left for a villain to get a 'good' hand with an ace like AJ, AQ, AK.

About the play. You have to cbet that hand! And bet it much higher! There is a flush draw on the table and a straight draw. Both dominate your trips. Bet it higher and let them pay from there draws!

Regards
      RasTweet
    • jetocumen
      jetocumen
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice. It seems I have trouble seeing opponents draws too. I would'nt have noticed that there was a straight and flush draw if you did'nt tell me. On top of my mind I only see my trips and have to cbet because there is an ace and a face.