[NL2-NL10] NL .01/.02 AA not getting enough value?

• jetocumen
      jetocumen
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $1.94
      BTN: $0.78
      SB: $1.97
      BB: $1.97
      UTG: $2.31
      UTG+1: $3.71
      MP: $0.85
      Hero (MP+1): $2.53
      LP: $1.81

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:diamond: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, LP calls $0.08, fold, fold, SB calls $0.07, fold

Flop: ($0.26, 3 players) T:diamond: A:heart: Q:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, fold, fold

Hero wins $0.25

Am I over betting my Aces here? This usually happens, whenever I have AK or AA most of the times when I bet pre-flop everyone folds. Then when someone calls and I bet 2/3 of the pot on the flop they also fold. Should I just call on preflop to let more players in and during the flop should I just check or min raise?

Most of the time I only play for an hour and I only get an average .50 net earnings even with two tables. I play standard hands on the chart and only deviate when I am in the SB, BB and Button. Am I playing too tight and too aggressive that my opponents seems to fold most of the time?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jetocumen,

I would CB definitely bigger, no way I am giving good odds for them to draw. ~$0,22 even. :)

Best Regards.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Jetocumen

It often happens that when you have a nice hand all the other people fold. Think about it this way. You have 2 aces, there is 1 on the table. So there is only 1 ace left for a villain to get a 'good' hand with an ace like AJ, AQ, AK.

About the play. You have to cbet that hand! And bet it much higher! There is a flush draw on the table and a straight draw. Both dominate your trips. Bet it higher and let them pay from there draws!

Regards
      RasTweet
    • jetocumen
      jetocumen
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice. It seems I have trouble seeing opponents draws too. I would'nt have noticed that there was a straight and flush draw if you did'nt tell me. On top of my mind I only see my trips and have to cbet because there is an ace and a face.