what flop percentage do you see?

• fleece69
      fleece69
      Bronze
      I'm following the starting hand chart and it looks like i'm always steadily below 10% (including flops seen when i'm the blinds). Looking around in other forums people seem to suggest that 20/30% is usually ideal, what does everyone think? Thanks...
  • 8 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey fleece what are you playing Cash games or SnG's also more impotantly is it Full ring or 6max, If its full ring then yes you are going to be pretty tight i think 10% is a little low though havent played for a long time, i play 6max so mine is around the 30 mark.

Also how many hands is this after because you can be super card dead for a long time and this could trick you into thinking you are playing a little tighter than you should be, you should get a good few hundred hands under your belt to start off with.

Also as you gain more experience you start to learn when it is a good idea to play a little wider than the chart suggests for example if both players to your left are nits who always give up their blinds you can open a lot more buttons until they start playing back at you, also if you think the SB is stealing your BB an awful lot start to resteal him with a wider range of hands

Hope this makes some sense :)

Carl
    • fleece69
      fleece69
      Bronze
      hi,
      sorry I should have stated what I was talking about, which is full ring cash games. Sample for now is probably around 1000 hands (I know, very few, but that 10% seems pretty stable, not really jumping around). I guess I've realised I was probably playing too loose, and I've learned to rein in the constant temptation to see the flop, but I was wondering if now I've kinda moved to the opposite side of the spectrum... thanks for your advice, any thoughts are very welcome, I'm really new...
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      in omaha 99% :D
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      In nl2 FR 10 vpip is enough to play profitable poker. Mine is 11 and I show 12evbb/100 profit (+4evbb/100 rake = 16evbb/100) on a 8k hands sample. On higher limits you will need to loosen up A LOT + have godlike postflop skills to show same winrate.
    • totte1992
      totte1992
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LONGPLAY66
      in omaha 99% :D
      want to play HU ? :)
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      :]
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      I think i cant remember exactly but i think when i first started playin NL2 FR i was playing smth like 14/11 for the first 10-15k hands

It all depends on your opponents style and your table image though each session can be completely different

Good luck with it :)
    • fleece69
      fleece69
      Bronze
      thanks everyone