BTN: $2.94
      SB: $5.12
      BB: $3.68
      UTG: $3.56
      UTG+1: $3.88
      MP: $2.46

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has J:heart: T:heart:
      fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.36, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.74, 2 players) J:spade: 9:club: 8:club:
      BB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($1.14, 2 players) 9:spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.14, 2 players) 3:spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks

BB shows K:spade: K:diamond: (Two Pair, Kings and Nines)
      Hero mucks J:heart: T:heart: (Two Pair, Jacks and Nines)
      BB wins $1.09

This was an interesting hand. BB's 3bet was pretty small, as if inviting to play (only 0.20 more into 0.74 pot). When BB bet 1/4th of pot on flop, I put him on missed AK or TT-AA (thus being relatively scared of flop). I had two choices: raise and be ready calling 3bet allin, or call behind and re-evaluate on turn (controlling pot on flop). I chose the latter. When turn paired and BB checked, I thought that considering his 3bet preflop etc, if I bet here, I would get to fold only AK - the rest would come along for river. So, I check behind. And after BB checked on river, I thought that there is no point turning my hand into a bluff, since I checked the turn, so I checked behind on river as well. As played?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello faronel,

I'd tend still to protect my hand on the turn, since his CB already shows weakness and at the same time we are betting it for free showdown and protection. If you are going to Check behind then you should also plan the river unless he bets again really weak.

Best Regards.