lucilla721 (CO): $9.85
      spad36 (BTN): $9.85
      starless_src (SB): $10.45
      guile77 (BB): $9.52
      dubliff (UTG): $14.58
      origin86 (UTG+1): $5.88

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Cekpirus88 is MP2 with Q :spade: A :diamond:
      dubliff raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Cekpirus88 calls $0.35, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.85) 6 :club: T :heart: Q :diamond: (2 players)
      dubliff bets $0.60, Cekpirus88 raises to $1.20, dubliff raises to $2.40, Cekpirus88 folds

Final Pot: $3.25
      dubliff wins $3.08
      (Rake: $0.17)
  • 7 replies
    • cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      with top pair, I tried to make a small raise but as he re raise me again I give him either a set or KK, AA? thanks
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cekpirus88,

Why do you raise the flop and then even fold? What's the idea in that? Neither I don't like that much your play preflop, AQo is really horrible hand to play in multiway pots.

Best Regards.
    • cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      hi I think is not a multiway, it is just me and the UTG raiser in the pot, no? for the raise, I raised because I wanted any pair inferior to Q to fol like JJ, 99.. etc. or also AK but he re raise me, meaning that he has quite a big Hand, like a set or AA KK, I guess.. so i decided to fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cekpirus88
      hi I think is not a multiway, it is just me and the UTG raiser in the pot, no? for the raise, I raised because I wanted any pair inferior to Q to fol like JJ, 99.. etc. or also AK but he re raise me, meaning that he has quite a big Hand, like a set or AA KK, I guess.. so i decided to fold.
      Then don't raise it at all. You are turning your hand into bluff man. ;) Neither the min-raise ain't perfect play. 2 mistakes in just in small case.
    • cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      but if I call him down all the way I will lose more money if he has an overpair, or worst, a set....because he is going to bet more on turn and river.
    • Akainu
      Akainu
      Bronze
      but if I call him down all the way I will lose more money if he has an overpair, or worst, a set....because he is going to bet more on turn and river.
      If he has over pair or better:
      1. If you call, the turn doesn't hit you, and he bets a lot again, you fold and loose 0.6 dollars.

2. If you raise, and he reraise you, and you fold, you loose 1.2 dollars.

If he has worse top pair, middle pair or worse:
      1. If you call, he might be scared and just check. You now likely have the best hand and can bet him. You win 0.6 dollars.

2. If you raise, he fold. You win 0.6 dollars.

As you can see, you earn just as much when you have the better hand, but loose more when you have the worse hand, if you raise.

I'm just a noob, but my theory is that it's +EV to call here. Hope you understand and I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Who was talking about calling him whole day down?

By the way Akainu really good post and good reasons. You can read some from his reasons, although he is a noob as he pointed out. But from the text he wrote I would say he is more of thinking player.