fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.60, fold, Hero calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.30) 5:club: Q:diamond: T:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

TURN ($2.90) 5:club: Q:diamond: T:heart: 8:spade:

Hero bets $2.17, BTN calls $2.17

RIVER ($7.24) 5:club: Q:diamond: T:heart: 8:spade: 7:spade:

Hero checks, BTN checks

27/19/3, steal total 39, cbet 67, 82 hands

Ok to call preflop? to not izolate against better.

On flop I think I could c/r and represet a pair which I want to protect against straight draw.

As played on turn - not sure to donkbet or to c/r. But if he has nothing, the donk bet should work. C/r is more expensive and sometimes he might skip his bluffs and only bet value range.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don´t see any reason why not to 3-bet pf AJ. You´re taking down 90 cent pot pf and if you´re doing that 10 times you basically double up. So he has to start either tighten up on the BU, calling with wider range or 4-betting both with bluffs or for value. Or if he just raise/folding then widen more your 3-betting range.

Postflop I would prefer leading 3 streets. If he doesn´t have there Qx or better I don´t see how he can call me down. c/r should also be fine with overcard and gutshot, but that is more expensive and you still have to play turn and river.

best regards,
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I don´t see any reason why not to 3-bet pf AJ. You´re taking down 90 cent pot pf and if you´re doing that 10 times you basically double up. So he has to start either tighten up on the BU, calling with wider range

Mostly they start calling with wide range and then float us. And this hands has value so, we don't want to turn it into a bluff. On Axx board we are getting max 1 street of value, because weaker aces will fold. We can 3bet and take those pots with Axs but this hand is worth more than just a small pot as bluff.