• Akainu
      Akainu
      Bronze
      BB: $4,34
      MP1: $2,89
      Hero: $0,93
      MP3: $6,55

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A :heart: , 8 :heart:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,02, Hero raises to $0,10, MP3 calls $0,10, 3 folds, BB calls $0,08, MP1 calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,41) 9 :club: , 8 :diamond: , 4 :heart: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($0,41) 9 :diamond: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0,19, MP3 calls $0,19, 2 folds.

River: ($0,79) 9 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,14, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: $0,93

My thoughts on the flop: Not sure if I had the best hand, and too many players to bluff, so I check.

My thoughts on the turn: The chance of them having the 9 lowered a lot, and now I want to protect my pair of 8 from draws. At the same time, I was scared of betting too much. The range I put them on was low enough to "bluff" here. Not sure of the bet size.

My thoughts on the river: My read on MP3 from before is that he is a passive player. When a 9 comes, the chance of him having it lowered even more, and if he had it, he should have reraised before. If he has a pair of 8 with worse kicker, or pair of 4 or low-middle pocket pair or a failed draw like I put him on range-wise, the chance of succeeding a value bet/bluff against him was big enough to bet imo. I guess the bet size was too small though.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Akainu,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Why are you playing not even with a full stack? If you play BSS then you should have 100BB.

Preflop: According your stack raising is out of question and as long I don't see that your postflop play is good then limping in is most likely also bad play.

As played
      Postflop: Bet the turn a bit bigger and Call the river, not that many hands beat you. :D

Best Regards.