[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL10 AKo

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      [converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $10.11 (101.1 bb)
      UTG: $4.95 (49.5 bb)
      MP: $12.86 (128.6 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $10 (100 bb)
      SB: $10 (100 bb)

villain 26/22/15.4%3b/~50 hands
      flatting> 4betting against aggro looking opponent here?
      i think flop/ turn are pretty standard, flop cbet looks pretty weak, but is there any value on river or clear check behind?
      if i had no SD value i is river shove ok trying to rep a flush? thnaks veriz :)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A:diamond: K:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB raises to $0.80, BB folds, Hero calls $0.55

Flop: ($1.70) 3:diamond: 2:club: J:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.50) K:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.20, Hero calls $2.20

River: ($7.90) Q:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, [color="red"]Hero??
  • 2 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hello dannywratten,

i know you expected veriz, but before him i will try a shot:) )

Well about 4 betting preflop: we don't have much information after 50 hands so his 15.4 3bet range of course isn't realistic. So my opinion here is that you made nice call and with it you left his weaker aces in the hand. He would probably fold AT+,KQ and push JJ+. Of course we will play IP the rest of the hand.

Now to the second part of your question:

I don't see much value on river. You also played completely like you have FD so i don't see he is calling your bet with worse. I would check behind.

In case of non showdown value i think you would fold before since he played aggressively in 3bet pot and it is nonsense to stay in the hand like that.

But lets say you are in the hand of course you can represent your flush and push. But i will tell you mine personal opinion why i don't like it so much from my personal experiences:
      We generate some fold equity here and question is if we generate enough fold equity or not. But this is just mathematical point of view. If you loose hand with push like that it could affect your further play in that session because you become angry on yourself and so on....this can become even more costly than just loose of your stack....i don't know if those things have an affect on you but i think on most players do:) )

I hope you are satisfied with reply and i am sure you will be even more when veriz replies:) ))

Good luck at the tables.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dannywratten,

I wouldn't say it's standard to Call the flop. :P Depends a lot on the opponent and what kind of range do you expect him to CB there. Against some I might even tend to just give up my hand. Especially if he is capable of 2barreling a lot.

But otherwise there is not much value on the river anyways, I would just Check it behind and be happy if I'd even win the pot.

Best Regards.