[NL2-NL10] NL4 Pocket Qs, playing against a calling machine who decides to be aggressive on river.

• Easytee
      Merge Network $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP2: $5.19
      CO: $4.00
      BTN: $3.85
      SB: $1.84
      BB: $3.89
      Hero (UTG): $6.57
      UTG+1: $1.37
      UTG+2: $5.35
      MP1: $2.58

CO posts a big blind ($0.04)

Pre Flop: ($0.10) Hero is UTG with Q:spade: Q:club:
      Hero raises to $0.12, 7 folds, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.30) T:club: 7:diamond: 2:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.15, BB calls $0.15
      He checks and it is a relatively dry flop, I value bet my overpair, he calls, I assumed he was chasing a draw and didnt have a monster hand, if he did have a monster hand I would have at least expected a check-raise of some sort

Turn: ($0.60) A:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

I check to see if he has an ace, he checks so I safely assume he does not.

River: ($0.60) 3:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $0.80, BB raises to $3.62 all in, Hero calls $2.82

He bets, I thought that he was a retard (as my Hold 'Em Manager was telling me anyways) and maybe hit a 3 or he has air. I Call down his all in.

Results in spoiler
      He shows pocket 10s and I am left flabbergasted and pissed
  • 3 replies
    • Alan883
      Hi Easytee,

well i don't like here your betting size. Of course you have to bet more flop. At least 0.2$.

I check to see if he has an ace, he checks so I safely assume he does not.

I don't understand that exactly. On Turn BB check and you checked behind. It is not like you said.

Anyway turn we have two possibilities. First is to bet and in case he calls check behind river. Or check behind and then call river bet to catch his bluffs.

As played river is overplayed to me. I don't see him pushing worse hands than your is. So the safest and the best way here is to call BBs river bet.

Let's wait also what veriz will say about it.
    • michel2311
      I don't understand this one. If i was villain in this hand i always check the turn even if i had an A. So you will not know if he has or has not an ace. In this case as here i should bet the turn and fold if he raises me. If you check the turn you should call the river imo.

And don't depend on HEM-stats too much. I don't know how many hands you had on villain but they are only reliable with large samples.
    • veriz
      Hello Easytee,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Definitely Bet already the flop bigger for value and also Bet the turn rather for free showdown. Your hand is kind of overplayed on the river where you kind of turned your hand into bluff and still called. :(

Best Regards.