Highest placing on the daily freerolls?

• fractalsonfire
      fractalsonfire
      Bronze
      Just curious. Considering how bad the play is it really gets coin flippy when you start getting short stacked. Highest win i got was $0.67.

I suspect i need to get really lucky to even break top 1000. Oh and when do the players actually start becoming decent?

Should you be shoving AK preflop with 50BBs?
  • 9 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey fractalsonfire :)

You probably will struggle to find decent players all the way through a freeroll but thats not a bad thing right?

You do need to get lucky to ship them but its the same with all mtts you need some luck along the way freerolls are beatable just takes some effort to stick at it and play a lot of them.

As for shoving AK depends on opponent of course but i would probably get it in pre with AK in most situations in a freeroll

Regards

Carl
    • 1z2x3y
      1z2x3y
      Bronze
      Hi fractalsonfire :pokerface:

I can understand your frustration.

QUOTE:

Shoving 50BBs is a very bad play.

So NO dont, unless you have notes on the players & trying a steal in late ( no need to go so BIG to steal unless FISH in blinds ) or a Re-steal 3 betting.
      Plus it all depends on what stage of the tourny & what you wish to achieve with such a bet.

I have played 51 so far & cashed in 38 with no re-buys or add on.

( i believe if you can not do it from the start then you wont however many re-buys you take )

So far i have not had any BIG cashes ( biggest = $2.59 )
      position 468th / field 25000

Take notes, so you have the edge on your opponents ranges.

Don't bully BIG stacks, & be cautious of short stacks.

My strategy for these are play solid poker & use position & stack size as KING.

People are not to concerned in what they shove ( will do marginal QTo/s ect ) because they are trying to chip up for later rounds, basically the M effect is in play in these tournys in a BIG way so stay solid & pick your spots.

But be aware, just because you have a monster, the likelyhood is you will get called by many different ranges depending on their stack size & stage of tourny, so balance your lines.

And rember a BIG pocket pair look great, but have few outs so it's easy to get out drawn on them!

sHuFfLe UP & deal

Best of skill & luck 2 YOU & all on the virtual felt.
    • fractalsonfire
      fractalsonfire
      Bronze
      Oh i'm not frustrated, just that i'm wondering if they even get decent. Freeroll is free and i can still play my cash games while i'm doing it since all im doing is checking whether i can shove preflop with a hand. Rarely will i get the right odds to be playing a speculative hand.
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      if i remember correctly, 3-4 yrs ago, I won the freeroll TWICE when there were no limit player entry.

Both win after 11 hours n 12 hours playing...Well that was when i dont have any $$$$ in my account, n still newbie to poker.
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      If your question is "Will someone call with worse hand?" then the answer is yes.
      Yesterday 3 guys went all in on the fist hand (75 BB deep) with something like 88, AT and T3 (suited!) in a 7$ SnG. So yes, in a free-roll you will most probbably get called by worse or flipping.
    • PinkFairy
      PinkFairy
      Bronze
      1$ 1770th place just got busted :( ( a guy called begging for a flush and he hit a higher pair then me :(
    • zloiadun
      zloiadun
      Bronze
      Current $1k depositor freerolls are profitable, but for very small amounts of money. Just don't rebuy/addon and play only top range. You'll be able to get ITM very often, my record is 716th place for $2.20 of more then 21K entrants, had a big stack going to addon break (M around 150), and since I had to go I've just closed tourney when it reached money (it happens very soon after addon break) and sited out from 4000 player to be 716 :) ))
    • zloiadun
      zloiadun
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VladimirN
      Yesterday 3 guys went all in on the fist hand (75 BB deep) with something like 88, AT and T3 (suited!) in a 7$ SnG. So yes, in a free-roll you will most probbably get called by worse or flipping.
      It was hyper-turbo - this is standard :) maybe not T3, but 88 vs AT is OK in hyper-turbo
    • 1z2x3y
      1z2x3y
      Bronze
      Has anyone else noticed that PokerStars is on the SQUEEZE.

In there promotion of $100K Freerolls when depositing ( which by the the way is only designed to build their incoming income on paper )

Think about it, $10 minimum deposit X 25000 people = $250,000 deposited in 1 month, and that's minimum.

So the SQUEEZE is this, so far they have changed the structure of these tournaments 8 times, all without any notice to their customers.

1. went from $1500 starting chips down to $1200.

2. blind increases went from 12 mins down to 8 mins.

3. extended registration went from 10 mins to 1 hour.

4. max field of 25000 was paying 5600, changed to paying 3600.

5. added a ante.

6. extended registration went to 30 mins.

7. extended registration went to 40 mins.

8. re-buys was unlimited & is now 3 re-buys max.

Time to cash out, Bye bye PokerStars, there are a lot more better offers on many other platforms now.

Usual, mentality from PokerStrs we are the BIGGEST so we can do what we like, nice to know that the giant we the customers built is so considerate & loyal.