Part 1: Crush Micro stakes in 2012

• Akainu
      Akainu
      Bronze
      This is part 1 of my story. This will be one hell of a ride.

I'm a 19 year old student. That's all I want say right now.

My goals 2012:
      Goal 1. Learn how to fucking play and become a winning micro stakes player
      Goal 2. Crush NL2 (Raise bankroll to 100$)
      Goal 3. Crush NL4 (Raise bankroll to 250$)
      Goal 4. Crush NL10 (Raise bankroll to 625$)
      Goal 5. Crush NL25 (Raise bankroll to 1250$)
      Goal 6. Crush NL50 (Raise bankroll to 2500$)

Hard goals, yes. But I will try. I'm playing BSS NL2 on Pokerstars. 28,49$ bankroll. I started 1 january 2012, and I'm trying to learn the basics right now, and it goes very well, I learn a lot every day, but obviously I still have much to learn. I will try to watch a lot of videos, read articles and go to coachings and read the hand evaluation forums this half year. I want to complete Goal numer 1 and 2 this half year, and then focus on goal 3-6 after the summer. But let's see. It might go better or far worse. I will try my best.

Yesterday, 23 January:
      I went up 1,27$. 17,99BB/per 100 hands. 353 hands played.

See you.
  • 7 replies
    • Akainu
      Akainu
      Bronze
      Today 24 january:
      + 2,60$. 359 hands played. 36.21BB per 100 hands.

Some luck obviously but I'm proud of my play.

Bankroll: 31,04$
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      Why are u using 50 Buyin's for each limit, since these are the micros you shouldn't be needing this much. Especially since you aren't playing for a living,25 BuyIns are enough,30 BI's are more than enough. But 50 is too much in your situation.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Akainu

Good luck with your goals. But going from NL2 to NL50 crusher thats a long way for a short period of time (1 year).
      I hope you make it though!!

Good luck with your game!

Regards
      RasTweet
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heave112
      Why are u using 50 Buyin's for each limit, since these are the micros you shouldn't be needing this much. Especially since you aren't playing for a living,25 BuyIns are enough,30 BI's are more than enough. But 50 is too much in your situation.
      He is using 25BI one.
    • Akainu
      Akainu
      Bronze
      Today 24 january continues:
      Stats today so far is +5,18$. 702 hands played and 36,89 BB/100 hands.

Bankroll is now 33,57$. I liked my play too, so I'm happy. No more play today.

As doctorkgb said, it is 25buy-ins.

Thank you RasTweet. I know it's hard, but I will do my best.
    • Akainu
      Akainu
      Bronze
      I couldn't hold it, I played some more.

The graph for today's play:

Today's stats - 24 january:
      +6,13$
      999 hands played.
      30,68BB/100 hands winrate.

Fuck yeah.

Now I should study some more and then play more tomorrow. I need to get a lot better to crush the micro stakes.

My bankroll is now 34,52$.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      nice to see another fellow blogger at the NL2 tables! I hope you do well, and crush those fish!

I found that when I had set financial goals for myself, I was just setting myself up for big disappointment and failure. It adds too much pressure to one's self IMO. Setting realistic goals like :

1) learn everything there is to know about pot odds
      2)Post 5 hands per session in the eval. forums.
      3) Watch 1 coaching session per week (more if you want)
      4) read 1 or more strategy articles per week
      5) post on other peoples blogs, and help people when you can, and stay out of it if you dont know what your talking about
      6)turn off the computer when I realize I am clearly on tilt and not going to play my A++ game anymore.
      7)Play 3000 hands per week.
      8) Table select instead of just clicking on random tables and playing with nits.

just simple stuff like that will boost your bankroll faster then setting financial goals. because poker isnt really measured by how much u win on the micros i dont think, its more about soaking in as much info and coaching as you can, and attaining those non financial goals. We have the most room to grow and learn when we are beginning to play seriously, and we are trying to get into good habits at this point, not make shitloads of pennies. that all comes when you do the footwork to get ahead of the average competition.

please post @ my blog too! im looking to get some followers going here so I have more of myself invested into this site, so I will less likely lose my mind and my BR with it. Also I will have something to do when I'm not wanting to play poker, but have lots of free time to spare. :)

good luck at the tables and ttyl! :s_biggrin: