building a bankroll

• kingkong2
      kingkong2
      Bronze
      today i am starting over on poker770. with a bankroll of $1.30 . the plan is to stop being a fish and start winning. i will update everyday to keep u all up 2 date , and to give me a reason to work harder . i may be broke in an hour, if i am i will let u all know
  • 8 replies
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      Don't waste your time with $1.5, at least try with $50 on NL2, more fishes there instead of playing 10c tourneys :p
    • kingkong2
      kingkong2
      Bronze
      i got my bankroll up to $2,20 lol this is slow going for a donky . i was up over$5 and donked it off
    • kingkong2
      kingkong2
      Bronze
      i am down to $1.18 dont think i hace enough to buy into a cash game
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingkong2
      a bankroll of $1.30
      You better sit on a nl2 table with this whole bankroll, go allin with the 1st hand and let some1 call it with AA. This way you have more chances to not go broke + you spend less time.
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      play steps.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      are you really serious that you are going to build a roll with 1.50? i played 2 hands today and lost $2 with KK all in preflop vs AK...it happens you need to deposit some money tho in order for you to have $$ to play when u want..dont you ever buy things for urself? entertain urself? consider it like $10 or $20 you wouldve spent doing something else, its just fun at these levels man , nothing too serious!! hope you invest at least $10 lol...i deposit whatever i can afford, just right now its $10 at a time on stars. this is my 3rd deposit of $10 in the last 2 months or so, so its not like im breaking the bank. its just good ol fun man. but now i have the roll worked up to about $22 after some heavy grinding! lots of luck at the tables, i will follow you if you post on my blog as well, so please do follow

my best,
      Andrew C.
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      I've done it with a $20 on stars took a while to grind it up. Deposited $10 lost it in a few days deposited another $10 and grinded it up..
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there kingkong2,
      wow tough times I see!

I thought I'd pop in and give my 2c worth as a little encouragement.

Perhaps you are in my position and can't/won't deposit for whatever reason, which is fine.

Have you tried freerolls? They may be slow but they are by definition free monies!

People often mock them, but consider this; because of freerolls, in 4 years of playing I have never needed to make a deposit, even initially (long boring story). I only play a few nl4 full ring tables now but I'm up like 15K or so from zero. Not a world shattering amount I agree, but I'm building my 4th bankroll the same way now and I'm happy the way it's gone so far.

So, sit there for nothing and collect the free monies until you have enough for nl2 and off you go.

Anyway it is more than possible is what I'm saying, you just need patience.

Best regards,

Mal.