$8.46
      UTG1:
      $15.89
      UTG2:
      $10.00
      MP1:
      $11.52

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      2 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, CO folds, BU calls $1.00, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.65.

Flop: ($3.15) 6, J, 9 (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $1.70, BU folds, UTG2 calls $1.70.

Turn: ($6.55) 7 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $3.50, UTG2 raises to $7.30(All-In), Hero calls $3.80(All-In).

River: ($21.15) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.15.

Villian is 11/6 with 2.5 agg

Results follow:

UTG2 shows three of a kind, jacks(Jd Js).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(Ah Ad).

UTG2 wins with three of a kind, jacks(Jd Js).
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gxtwo,

Preflop: I'd raise to $1,20 here and not give great odds for set mining.

As played
      Postflop: What do you expect his calling range to be there? On the turn you most likely ain't even gonna see a lot worse hands. We block AJ and such hands, QQ is the only hope we might see there. Therefore, I'd tend even to Check behind the turn and take a look at the river, if he is somewhat shipping or picking any fancy lines then we an easy fold there. There ain't that many draws from we need to protect. But if you do Bet then not much to add.

Best Regards.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      With such nitty stats.. Probably JJ+ maybe like 99+, don't really see any AX type hands.

How do we play if we check behind the turn... X/C the river?

I find it really hard to fold when I think I'm not sure if I'm beat. can you recomend anything to read/study to improve folding skills :D
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      With such nitty stats.. Probably JJ+ maybe like 99+, don't really see any AX type hands.

I find it really hard to fold when I think I'm not sure if I'm beat. can you recomend anything to read/study to improve folding skills :D
      I agree with you that it is hard fold if you are not sure, especially in this spots but just would say that nits do not overplay hands that easily. So if you do face big action by them you also have to have big hands not just overpairs .
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by gxtwo

Well, you shouldn't be in first place in the spot if you wouldn't have done so small raise. :P Depends how much the opponent bets the river. :) Read something about psychology or mindset.