Brm

• 5 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi SoNGcomMiTTee, a good -and a sensible question!

We usually don't think less than $50 which is 25 buyins, but that is for newer players and beginners. If you are a more experienced player you may have what we call a more 'agressive' bankroll management plan and use only 20 times the buy in or even 15 times the buyin of you ae very much better than the limit you play, but that is advanced play.

Important! Make sure you use the most sensible one for your ability and experience!
      It is also sensible to feel comfortable at your limit. For example, I am conservative, even nitty with bankroll management, so I use 40 buyins for nl4, so that a few buyhins loss doesn't affect the way I play since I have plenty left.

I probably have left out a lot, but I hope this helps a bit at least.

Hee is a link to some information on big sack strategy and bankroll management.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1534/1/

Best regards,

Mal.
    • SoNGcomMiTTee
      SoNGcomMiTTee
      Bronze
      Thanks Mal

I'm currently running NL2 on Party after quiting the $1 6 max SNG turbos (awful games, sick rake)

Started with my free $50 and am now upto $60 since yesterday

I'm quite happy with the 20% profit and look set to move to NL4 within a week

I feel like nitting the BRM too so i think i'll add 5bi every level i progress

NL2 25BI
      NL4 30BI
      NL5 35BI etc etc

Will do some intense study b4 i step up every level so i'm prepared for the new challenges

Peace
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey there :)

I hope you do make it to NL4 by next week! dont be too put off though if you dont you take some bad beats run card dead for a while anything could happen which means it takes you slightly longer to move up but all in good time.

Its a good idea to add buy-ins as you move up although personally i would prefer to be slightly more aggressive from NL2 to NL25 because the game doesnt really get much harder, especially NL2, NL5 and most of NL10 the opponents you face wont get that much better. Obviously if you are more comfortable with more buy ins then yes you should do it this way :)

Sounds like you have a good plan set out anyway i wish you luck and hope to see you posting some good results round here soon

All the best
      Carl
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey SoNGcomMiTTee,

The standard is 25 BI's like you've already pointed out, so you have it right there :]

As for moving up the limits I personally like to know that I have beaten the previous limit properly, not moving up just because I have enough Bankroll for it. You may have just hit a lucky streak, then you'll move up and be back on your normal game and begin to struggle.

I Like to move up to the next limit once I've done at least 30k Hands, Once you're confident you've mastered NL2, then move up to NL4 :D

Thats my 2 cents :s_cool:
    • SoNGcomMiTTee
      SoNGcomMiTTee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Hey SoNGcomMiTTee,

As for moving up the limits I personally like to know that I have beaten the previous limit properly, not moving up just because I have enough Bankroll for it. You may have just hit a lucky streak, then you'll move up and be back on your normal game and begin to struggle.

I Like to move up to the next limit once I've done at least 30k Hands, Once you're confident you've mastered NL2, then move up to NL4 :D

Thats my 2 cents :s_cool:
      Thanks again for the advice sir

I'm find it hard to stay focussed at any given level for a long period of time so i might struggle to see out 30k hands at any given level

However i will be prepared to move back down a level if i feel i'm not performing to a good standard (even if i'm in profit)

Peace