And i'm ouuuuut

• Chrisrules334
      Chrisrules334
      Bronze
      I enjoyed playing poker whilst it lasted - but I can't deal with a game where you still get beaten despite playing better... I played 318 hands tonight and received 3 AA's, 2 lost (all in), and 1 won...the blinds. AKs - Again all in, lost to a couple of 7's... I never tilt, as it's not my money (free $$)...and it's all ran out! Played the SSS to the letter (all I could afford)

I'll probably be back when theres another free $ promotion on, but for now im out, good luck!
  • 13 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Chrisrules334

Sorry to hear that!

I do have 1 question though.

You registered 20 days ago. So I assume you had the free $50 from poker strategy? Now $50 is 20 days seems like a lot when you are playing SSS NL2. Didn't you spew it away somewhere?

Still sad to hear though!

Regards
      RasTweet
    • Chrisrules334
      Chrisrules334
      Bronze
      Bad play on that one... if I'd have done the smaller $$ freebies first I'd be fine - reality is I shouldn't have lost it so it must have been bad play. Just don't like playing tight, waiting for 10/15 mins to play a hand...and then getting smashed by a donkey!
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Chrisrules334
      Bad play on that one... if I'd have done the smaller $$ freebies first I'd be fine - reality is I shouldn't have lost it so it must have been bad play. Just don't like playing tight, waiting for 10/15 mins to play a hand...and then getting smashed by a donkey!
      standard :P
    • bazerk
      bazerk
      Bronze
      .and then getting smashed by a donkey!
      Sorry, I thought I was ahead.
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Variance hits hardest with SSS. Learn BSS for NL2 and reduce the amount of tables you play.

I play BSS NL2 with only 4 tables. There are so more advantages including not having to wait for QQ+ and AQ+.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Just don't like playing tight, waiting for 10/15 mins to play a hand.
      :facepalm:

Not to be rude or something, but you can't play poker with that mentality. Poker is all about self-discipline (use BRM, play tight, don't tilt, etc).

If you're not taking it seriously than you cannot win. I mean you might have some winning sessions due to luck, but long term you won't make any profit at all.

If you feel you cannot handle that, than honestly poker is just not for you. But if you feel you can, than you just need to work on you game and on your mindset.

Good luck!
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      waiting for 10/15 mins to play a hand...and then getting smashed by a donkey!
      Yeah I hate that too! Waiting 10/15 to get smashed by a donkey. I wan't to get smashed RIGHT FKN NOW!!!
    • tolari
      tolari
      Black
      @fuzzyfish
      made my day, thank you sir:)

@topic
      imagine playing 150k hands with decent $EV and still be a losing player in $USD. Happens all the time. If you can't accept it then quiting is a good move.

gl.
    • Nimaz82
      Nimaz82
      Bronze
      i agree with Tarhonya , Dicipline is key. especially for a beginning player.

Losing to these donks is part of playing the micro stakes. sometimes they make ludacris calls or other actions that has NO whatsoever logic or merit.

The donk that pushes all in vs your AA with J2offsuit and flops J-2-2
      thats sucks. i know. but you have to realise that this is EXACTLY what we are looking for when playing poker. we LOVE these players. because they might get lucky. but against a better player they WILL loose!!

and theyll loose continuously agaisnt the better players. the only thing that keeps these guys playing. is Luck.. the sheer Thrill they get when they hit the J-2-2. They get so happy they forget all about all the money they lost. or that youre better than them.

Stick to it. play at a limit that suits your bankroll
      :f_biggrin:
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      Totally understand where you come from. I still love poker; talking about it, reading about it and watching it (last night I ended up watching a $100 tourney on Pokerstars for a couple of hours, just got drawn in and had to know who would win). Just can't play at the moment. Confidence went to shit due to huge downswing. It's not that I'm nervous to play I've just become a fatalist, been reading Jared's book in hope it'll shift it - no results yet but am still in a place where I just don't want to play.

Just tried a little. Opened 3 FR games and left at even just cos I felt I was getting owned and after a couple of assumed hero folds, doubting myself. Then decided to play a 6 handed sit and go as that's the format I really enjoy playing. Busted out in the first stage when I hit a set on the flop and my opponent hit 2 pair. Two outer on the turn and felt pretty standard.

I really don't want to quit. Really don't want to play. Got some thinking to do. Volume is probably the key, I just have to summon the will to do it.
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      CGs def the way to go. Just made 75bb in about a half hour and broke even for the day...a little ahead actually. Find it hard to stay away from the SnGs but they're whopping my butt. Funny how winning makes you feel a little better about poker.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      I enjoyed playing poker whilst it lasted - but I can't deal with a game where you still get beaten despite playing better... I played 318 hands tonight and received 3 AA's, 2 lost (all in), and 1 won...the blinds. AKs - Again all in, lost to a couple of 7's... I never tilt, as it's not my money (free $$)...and it's all ran out! Played the SSS to the letter (all I could afford)

I'll probably be back when theres another free $ promotion on, but for now im out, good luck!
      You play sss where the skill advantages are so tiny, play 100bb where u actually needs skill and not mindless follow a chart playing preflop poker.
    • Chrisrules334
      Chrisrules334
      Bronze
      I agree with all of your points above... my top tips for anyone who reads this (and is a beginner) would be...

Bankroll management - stick to your limit, otherwise a downswing can kill you off...

Let go of hands - I lost most of my money with AK's thinking that i'd always get a pair etc...

Don't play too many hands - I thought I was tight...but it appeared I actually had the VP$IP of a maniac

Don't play the last hand before you leave a table like an idiot :)

And... Don't tilt and play like a tard (as I did too many times after bad beats). Also if you are a complete beginner...do stick to a starting hand chart, don't be too adventurous.

I think i'll continue to play free money (no deposit) poker for a couple of years, along side freeroll tournaments - as I am currently studying for my ACA (Chartered accountancy) and that is total information overload. I'll study poker in between studying ACA then hopefully i'll end up winning!

Be your own harshest critic.

I hope this helps some beginners - take it from my own experience!