Nimaz82

• Nimaz82
      Nimaz82
      Bronze
      Hello

Joining this course because i used to play a decent session of poker 3 years ago. ive taken up poker again and i am RUSTY to say the least.
      im making all kinds of mistakes that i know is wrong the second ive done em.
      i could probably make up for these myself over time.
      But i stumbled upon this course, and thought. this could be really Fun
      and probably fix my mistakes even faster.
      I never mind going back to the basics. i think that even though you need to have a lot of selfconfidence as a poker player, i believe that humility is equally healthy. many players benefit from going back to ABC basics now and then.
      even the pros. So...here i am :) ready to get started :)
  • 2 replies
    • Nimaz82
      Nimaz82
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

Excellent question.
      My number 1 reason is Money, i like to be self sufficient in my life. and
      i like to make alittle more money than i do at my very poorly paid job.
      plus. Money Won is Twice as sweet as money Earned.
      Other than that i am the WORST at 9-5, i like setting my own daily rythm.
      this independence is very very important to me. and poker has the means to fullfill this need.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

Poker math, i absolutely stink at it. and i cant seem to bring my attention around to last more than 5 minutes into the math videos. :(
      and ...tilt. sometimes i call. even tho i KNOW i am beat. because my mind WANTS to win. even tho it knows the other guy has it. im working hard on this. getting better by the day :)

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Tight agressive - im playing full ring. so tight agressive to me is to play only a small selection of premium hands. cus at the level im playing at. playing funky hands can get me in trouble i dont need to be. simply because the players dont understand if i make a "represent" move or bet a "scarecard" or similar.
      Staying out of trouble. playing EV hands. and when i do play a hand. i dont just call. its Bet or fold. Mostly bet. i wanna be Agressive with my hand. i Wanna be in Charge of the hand. and most of all. TAG at my level has alot to do with positional awareness aswell. like playing QQ out of position and you flop A-K-7, yay 0.o lol... tight agressive is a very predictive way to play, but it can still be hard to defend against. cus when the TAG play actually does raise. he has a strong hand. and hes not afraid to back it up.

Looking forward to getting started with lesson 2 :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Poker math is a bit complicated, especially the advanced part. If you can't understand it right now then don't put pressure on it, wait for future when you are better in poker and then starting with the math part.

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.