[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH flash

• Holidej
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:club: , 6:club:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, BU calls $0.16, SB calls $0.14, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.52) K:spade: , 8:club: , 5:club: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.5, Hero calls $0.50, BU folds.

Turn: ($1.52) 2:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB raises to $2.16, Hero raises to $7.19 (All-In), SB calls $5.03.

River: ($15.90) 3:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $15.90

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (7c 6c)
      SB shows a flush, jack high (Jc 3c)

SB wins with a flush, jack high (Jc 3c)
  • 2 replies
    • luizsilveira
      Hi, Holidej.

Ugh, tough spot. The SB's donkbet into two players on that board looks a lot like a flush draw (not many strong Kx in his range, and that's a board that will get cbet a lot so with 88 and 55 he would probably check/raise).

That said, since we do have a straight draw (and even straight flush draw) to go along, I'd raise this flop all day long.

Thing is: your hand is a monster on the flop, weak on the turn and trash by the river (if you don't hit). So the earlier you put the money in, the stronger you put your money in.

For example, on the flop you have 45% equity against your villain. On the turn you only have 4%.

That means, if you would have put money in on the flop it wouldn't have been so bad and you could have some fold equity (even though against this opponent I doubt it). By calling and seeing a turn your hand looses strength.

But all in all it's indeed a tough and very close spot. I'd much prefer raising and getting it in still on the flop though.

As played I don't think there is much you can do. If you don't want to go broke when you hit your flush then it doesn't make much sense to play low suited connectors against this opponent (which might well be the case).
    • Holidej
      Yea, I first wante'd to raise, but didn't thought he has draw because he is so passive so I called. Nice evaluation, thanks...