JareJae..From nl2 to >>> ?

• 52 replies
    • JareJae
      JareJae
      Silver
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed)

Hero (MP) ($5.11)
      CO ($2.46)
      Button ($1.80)
      SB ($1.04)
      BB ($4.92)
      UTG ($2.34)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7:club: , 9:club:
      UTG bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, 3 folds, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.25) 3:club: , 7:spade: , 2:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18, 1 fold

Turn: ($0.61) 9:spade: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.44, Hero raises to $4.80, UTG calls $1.64 (All-In)

River: ($4.77) Q:club: (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $4.77 | Rake: $0.23

Results:
      UTG had Q:heart: , Q:diamond: (three of a kind, Queens).
      Hero had 7:club: , 9:club: (two pair, nines and sevens).
      Outcome: UTG won $4.54
    • JareJae
      JareJae
      Silver
      not sure if posted it correctly..about the hand..i think i had good read on guy i knew he got some overpair..so i pushed it..but then boom just a bad luck..only one out he got and he did hit it:) ..but overall not bad played or?
    • JareJae
      JareJae
      Silver
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed)

UTG ($2.67)
      MP ($4.83)
      Button ($4.22)
      Hero (SB) ($7.45)
      BB ($1.04)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , K:spade:
      1 fold, MP bets $0.08, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.07, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.18) 9:heart: , 2:spade: , K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.42) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

River: ($1.02) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.78, Hero calls $0.78

Total pot: $2.58 | Rake: $0.12

Results:
      Hero mucked A:heart: , K:spade: (two pair, Kings and fives).
      MP had 5:diamond: , A:diamond: (three of a kind, fives).
      Outcome: MP won $2.46

well here..i really didnt count that he can be on something like a5..i thought he do have k with something aswell and just want me to make scary and fold..i think it wasnt such a bad call.
    • JareJae
      JareJae
      Silver
      Ok lets post some winning one s now..instant monster on flop..i just love the fishes at micros who s trying to bluff just not in the right spot..i think that i made good min bet at turn to make him think that i had a weak hand :)

Hero (BB) ($6)
      UTG ($1.27)
      MP ($2.72)
      Button ($1.98)
      SB ($1.88)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:club: , 6:club:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.02, Button calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.09, 1 fold, Button calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.21) 4:spade: , 3:spade: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($0.21) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, Button calls $0.10

River: ($0.41) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, Button raises to $1.79 (All-In), Hero calls $1.59

Total pot: $3.99 | Rake: $0.19

Results:
      Button had 10:heart: , 8:heart: (high card, ten).
      Hero had 5:club: , 6:club: (straight, seven high).
      Outcome: Hero won $3.80

Like when some have set and is not able to fold it when he can clearly see i am on pure straight :)

UTG ($2.55)
      Hero (MP) ($4.88)
      CO ($4.10)
      Button ($5.50)
      SB ($4.29)
      BB ($6.19)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A:heart: , Q:club:
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.07, CO raises to $0.20, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.13

Flop: ($0.43) 9:spade: , J:club: , 10:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28

Turn: ($0.99) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.56, Hero calls $0.56

River: ($2.11) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.84 (All-In), CO calls $3.06 (All-In)

Total pot: $8.23 | Rake: $0.40

Results:
      Hero had A:heart: , Q:club: (straight, Ace high).
      CO had Q:diamond: , Q:spade: (straight, King high).
      Outcome: Hero won $7.83

and the last one for now:

Button ($2.45)
      Hero (SB) ($9.83)
      BB ($1.60)
      UTG ($2.07)
      MP ($3.26)
      CO ($7.71)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:diamond: , 5:diamond:
      2 folds, CO bets $0.08, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.07, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.18) 8:club: , 10:diamond: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.34) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($0.34) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, CO raises to $0.46, Hero raises to $2.06, CO calls $1.60

Total pot: $4.46 | Rake: $0.22

Results:
      Hero had 7:diamond: , 5:diamond: (straight, eight high).
      CO mucked A:spade: , 10:heart: (one pair, tens).
      Outcome: Hero won $4.24
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JareJae
      Ok lets post some winning one s now..instant monster on flop..i just love the fishes at micros who s trying to bluff just not in the right spot..i think that i made good min bet at turn to make him think that i had a weak hand :)

Hero (BB) ($6)
      UTG ($1.27)
      MP ($2.72)
      Button ($1.98)
      SB ($1.88)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:club: , 6:club:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.02, Button calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.09, 1 fold, Button calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.21) 4:spade: , 3:spade: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($0.21) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, Button calls $0.10

River: ($0.41) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, Button raises to $1.79 (All-In), Hero calls $1.59

Total pot: $3.99 | Rake: $0.19

Results:
      Button had 10:heart: , 8:heart: (high card, ten).
      Hero had 5:club: , 6:club: (straight, seven high).
      Outcome: Hero won $3.80
      hello JareJae!
      Good to see you at the PS website! Your def. in the right place if you want to learn!

Now for future posting of hands, when you dont post HU stats of you or your opponent, I just assume you are playing BSS, and are against an unknown opponent.

So for me to evaluate this hand from what I have here, you played the hand horrificly bad. In the LONG RUN as always, your preflop raise doesnt make sense. You already had 2 limpers in the pot. You have a weak speculative hand to begin with, plus you will be OOP because the button called, he has prime position on you for the rest of the hand, as does MP if he decides to call your raise.

The reason we dont like raising in this spot, is because you are more often then not NOT getting worse hands to just flat you preflop. you will most likely be either reraised, or get the rest of the table to fold their worse hand, which isnt really what you want when your trying to win their $. So just check and see a flop here. and we play the whole hand differently from that point so i'll evaluate ur hand as played.

AS played:

FLOP:you check the flop after raising preflop. you hit your straight, but there is a flush draw on board, as well as other possibilities of other made hands you can get value from on that flop like 55+, and set lower then 55, any flush draw, especially the ace high flush draws most wont be able to get away from on that flop at those limits. you will get most of your value from those hands, not 10-8 suited. how are you going to play for stacks if your just checking with the nuts? start pot building and betting for value, especially because your OOP and not sure if the opponent will make a bet to try and move you off the hand anyways. so c/c and c/r are defiantely losing plays my friend. your just asking to get sucked out on.

TURN: I am really confused as to why you decide to bet half pot size here, because there are now 2 flush draws there, you need to protect your hand!! a bet of .21 here seems absolutely necessary to make them pay to see that river, and pot build of course, so we can play for stacks a lot easier if he has a hand worth continuing with. Your half pot bet gives him incredible odds considering that board state. didnt you ever read the basic articles that tell you generally never slow play flushes and str8's? its true most often, unless your read on the opponent is good, and hes a really bad, aggressive player who will play stupidly into your check raise strategy.

RIVER: as played, you just got really REALLY lucky when your opponent who had air decides to reraise you all in. most wouldve just either called with any pair hands, ex 7's, 9's , any overpairs like 10's and 8's might stay in, but youd be lucky if they did. Most others would just fold and move on to the next hand. so as played you really did good this hand. NH :)

BUT....

we always think long run here at PS, and in long run vs unknown opponent, you bet that shit son.
      And you just check preflop, no need to raise here, since ur only getting called by better hands (10-8s a better hand, sorry to tell you), and reraised by some tricky motherfuckers who like to limp their QQ KK and AA, sometimes AK..in which case b/f with a speculative hand preflop is never fun.

has this helped yyou at all?

anyways im currently taking in all i can here at PS when im not on the tables, i just love it here, but im smacking bitches as much as i can at the NL2 at pokerstars right now. as long as im not on tilt of course :) :f_smile:

we seem to be at the same place right now, so please check into my blog and see some of my hand evaluation posts (i have a lot of different hands that have been evaluated by veriz) and he is very good at telling you if you were right or wrong. please post in my blog as well! i like that! TTYl man.
    • JareJae
      JareJae
      Silver
      ou Hi ILM.

As for the HU stats..yep i am not posting em cause i dont know how to so far..i just used some hand converter from one website..should look for that aswell i guess then and yes i do play BSS.

Hmm to that hand with straight on flop..maybe i am wrong what can be:D ..cause i am still big fish:) ..but personally i dont think its weak hand to start..cause many ppl on these nl2, nl5 play only strong hands what is big advantage for me..they dont count much with something like that i could be on 3 4 and raise with that preflop so i like to play hand like this..and ofc i dont like to be playing just too tight..i like more action :D ..and i raised to get rid of some people..then i can do many things like try to bluff when i dont hit what i need and so on..or maybe just fold if i see guy is not giving up and its some very tight player.
      but i like the rest about what u wrote about my position in that spot.

and to hand on flop why i didnt raised? ..cause i wanted to make him think that i dont have a straight..if i would bet he would probably fold or maybe got scared..so i just tried to bluff him that i dont have much strong hand or just nothing..and then that all in on turn cause he was too fishy..and i have seen him do some bluffs before so i did all in and was hoping for call..and ofc i thought he had some stronger pair.
    • JareJae
      JareJae
      Silver
      [quote]Originally posted by ilovemagic
      Originally posted by JareJae

has this helped yyou at all?
      sure it did :) ..nice reading ;)

And yes we re on same place :D ..but i tryied today nl5 again after some time :D ..cause got up to 120 like in two weeks or so with rakeback..and its kinda same like nl2 to me so probably will stay here but who knows maybe i will be at nl2 tommorrow again if i will start loosing there :D

Ok i am gonna check your blog and try to find out your nick on Pokerstars :D ..maybe we played some games together.
    • JareJae
      JareJae
      Silver
      Damn..today big 5,50 ..bit sick..i was like uff set of aces, now only straight maybe can kill me..and then boom.. :D ..was not far from itm but shit happens :D

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 150/300 Blinds 40 Ante (9 handed)
      CO (t5910)
      Button (t11010)
      SB (t10380)
      BB (t10188)
      UTG (t3823)
      UTG+1 (t6273)
      Hero (MP1) (t6156)
      MP2 (t15398)
      MP3 (t2045)

Hero's M: 7.60

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, A
      2 folds, Hero bets t6116 (All-In), 2 folds, CO calls t5870 (All-In), 3 folds

Flop: (t12550) A, 8, 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t12550) 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t12550) 6 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t12550

Results:
      Hero had A, A (three of a kind, Aces).
      CO had 7, 7 (straight, ten high).
      Outcome: CO won t12550

was stupid just to go instant all in with aces i guess or not?
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      I'm thinking you should post some of your hands in the hand eval. forums, and then maybe go read the articles about drawing and pot odds, and betting and types of bets. Right now your biggest issue I see is you don't know how to value bet or protect your hand well enough. You give people really bad odds to call all in when you have the nuts, meaning your wasting a lot of big hands like AA and Kk im pretty sure, or you completely play the nuts weak by checking and let them draw into a hand that beats yours, which is very easy to exploit after a while playing against you. Also need to learn how to play from behind when out of position. There are a lot of basic articles and videos I'm not sure if your listening to or maybe haven't seen yet. It's ok to veer off of your normal path every once in a while to exploit the tendencies of well known opponents, but to do these types of plays all the time is really -EV for you I would say, because after a while people start to catch on to the betting patterns and can read you like a book.

What the coaches keep telling me is to pretty much just play ABC poker at these levels, because most players are fish, and will pay off your big hands more often then at the higher levels, but also you should only be playing for clear value and staying away from marginal situations, because there's enough fish that will pay you off, let you draw cheap, and try and bluff their whole stack off to you when you c bet the flop when you hit the nuts, and they think you have air so they put in a raise. now you have them in your fingers like putty and can make them pay for thier mistake. Bet for value. There isnt really any crazy, tricky way you need to play to win at these levels. Keep it orthodox.

Post that straight hand in the hand eval. forums tho and i can guarantee you veriz will tell you exactly what i told you, only in fewer words.
    • JareJae
      JareJae
      Silver
      Long time since last spot..just wondering if this was a bad move and should slowplay it or just unluck i guess?

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 9 players

CO: $4.56
      BTN: $5.36
      SB: $1.95
      Hero (BB): $9.84
      UTG: $4.93
      UTG+1: $5.20
      MP: $4.52
      MP+1: $5.07
      LP: $2.11

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has T:diamond: 8:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.11, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.11, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.35, 3 players) 9:diamond: Q:club: J:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.15, MP+1 raises to $0.49, Hero calls $0.49, UTG raises to $1.00, fold, Hero raises to $3.22, UTG raises to $4.82 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.60

Turn: ($10.48, 2 players) K:diamond:

River: ($10.48, 2 players) K:spade:

Hero shows T:diamond: 8:diamond: (Straight, King High) (Pre 21%, Flop 84%, Turn 74%)
      UTG shows K:heart: K:club: (Four of a Kind, Kings) (Pre 79%, Flop 16%, Turn 26%)
      UTG wins $10.05

and this one good fold? ..guy was telling me whole time he had flush K high but somehow i still dont believe that:D

LP: $7.43
      CO: $1.83
      BTN: $5.00
      SB: $4.73
      BB: $3.93
      UTG: $5.87
      UTG+1: $5.14
      Hero (MP): $8.46
      MP+1: $12.92

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:club: A:diamond:

UTG calls $0.05, fold, Hero raises to $0.25, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.57, 2 players) J:heart: 9:club: 7:club:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.57, 2 players) J:club:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.57, 2 players) Q:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.33, UTG raises to $5.62 and is all-in

fold

Hero mucks A:club: A:diamond: (Flush, Ace High)
      UTG wins $1.18

and some winning one for the end of post :D ..3x fullhouse :s_cool:

MP+1: $5.96
      LP: $4.00
      CO: $3.01
      BTN: $5.07
      SB: $5.16
      BB: $12.63
      UTG: $1.95
      Hero (UTG+1): $11.21
      MP: $5.00

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05, LP posts DB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.12) Hero has A:heart: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.25, MP calls $0.25, fold, LP calls $0.20, CO calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.32, 5 players) 9:spade: K:club: Q:heart:
      Hero checks, MP checks, LP checks, CO bets $0.20, fold, Hero calls $0.20, MP calls $0.20, fold

Turn: ($1.92, 3 players) A:spade:
      Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, MP raises to $1.00, CO calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

River: ($4.92, 3 players) A:club:
      Hero checks, MP bets $3.00, CO calls $1.56 and is all-in, Hero raises to $9.76 and is all-in, MP calls $0.55 and is all-in

Hero shows A:heart: K:heart: (Full House, Aces full of Kings) (Pre 36%, Flop 6%, Turn 7%)
      MP shows Q:diamond: A:diamond: (Full House, Aces full of Queens) (Pre 22%, Flop 1%, Turn 5%)
      CO shows 9:club: 9:diamond: (Full House, Nines full of Aces) (Pre 42%, Flop 93%, Turn 88%)
      Hero wins $13.02
    • JareJae
      JareJae
      Silver
      Today session so far..i am on lunch break now..i dont even know if somebody checking this thread so if this will continue with zero reply :D ..i ll be just posting monthly summaries. ;)

• fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hi there!

Been away a while, but totally back and ready to follow and get this party started again!

Monthly updates sounds far to scarce, so let's get this blog up and active!

What limits are that graph for?

Regards,
      Richard
    • JareJae
      JareJae
      Silver
      Hi Frukt!:) ..had small break since start of July and so wasnt much active here aswell..i thought like noone is following this thread so..ok i ll start be more active then from now on:) ..and limit..it was nl5:)

atm bit pissed just got out from Special Sunday Storm:/ ..my AA vs 88 all in..ofc flop 8:) ..lucky me.. :D ..hope will hit something at least on Micro Main Event :)
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I had a dreadful run in the MM ME myself last night.

Lost two hands which sent me out somewhere around 30k th.

AK v A9 for half my stack on 9AK flop, got it in good, he turned a 9.

Was down to about 30-40bb after, got it in pre with AKs v A9s, flopped a king, he rivered a flush.

Was a pretty painful orbit, that one.

How'd you do?
    • JareJae
      JareJae
      Silver
      Had bit long sleep today till 12:00 like :D ..then gym..just came home and will go try to grind something now on cg:) ..still just nl5..will post result then.

About yday MM ME..ouch that first one AK vs A9 :) ..unlucky :( ..i had not much good run there aswell..and got out around 30k place aswell with JJ three guys limp i raised but all did call..flop came J 8 6 so i did bet pot size two guys fold only one very big stack guy did call turn came 5 and i was like hm he is surely not on 74 or something so again did bet pot size and he did call..river came 4 i checked but he pushed to rest of of my stack i knew then i am behind probably but called that and he showed 77..so called river beat :D
    • cufc37
      cufc37
      Bronze
      Hi JareJae,

always good to read how other people are doing at the microstakes (I'm playing NL2 atm). Will be following. Are you just going to be playing FR NLHE on Stars? Do you play any Zoom?

good luck at the tables!
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      I will add this to my favourites as i am also playing the micros on pokerstars and keeping a blog on PS

in case your interested in following my progress the thread is called my online poker goals Summer 2012
    • JareJae
      JareJae
      Silver
      Hi guys! ..nice to see finally that more ppl coming to follow this thread :) ..didnt went on grind at the end cause friend of mine called me if i am not going out for a while for a drink and havent seen her ages so could hardly say no :D ..so passed on grind..but now i am going to grind for real! :D

to cufc37: thanks..ye i am on FR NLHE nl5 atm..i was playing mostly SH before..but around june i went on total tilt mode there:D ..spewed like 160 or 180 in one day:D .. (ofc grinded all back :) ) ..so took a break and then tried FR and so far like it more and in fact i got some inspiration from one guy from our country whos started to play FR from this limit and moved up pretty quickly in around a year or so to nl600 like:) ..really sick guy.

to Maloco87: thanks i am gonna check your one aswell!:)
    • JareJae
      JareJae
      Silver
      so today session..didnt play as much as i thought will be..my laptop started to lag badly somehow so rather stopped..anyway gtg sleep..work tommorrow :)