This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Aj

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $4.80
      MP2:
      $5.45
      MP3:
      $5.84
      CO (Hero):
      $4.13
      BU:
      $7.22
      SB:
      $4.50

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, J.
      MP2 raises to $0.16, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.16, 2 folds, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.5) 3, A, 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36, BB folds.

Turn: ($1.22) A (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.87, Hero calls $0.87.

River: ($2.96) 7 (2 players)
      MP2 raises to $4.06(All-In), [I][COLOR=grey]Hero ??

Villain
      22/16 a.f 2.6 cbet83% river agg 20% (after the hand was played,he had 12% before) 130hands

I folded the hand but i was second guessing my self... it really looked like an AK,AQ as the hand was played PF and postflop ... i think i whould have most likely call it with AQ... what do you think?Was that fold really bad?
  • 1 reply
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, cozacu!

Is something missing in the hh? Why does MP2 raise and not bet on the river?

Anyway, to be honest I'm not really a fan of your preflop call. The MP is not exactly superloose, he won't have many worse aces in his range; you don't even have guaranteed position as you're giving odds for the BTN to come along, and you might end up playing a multiway pot with a hand that does not play well multiway.

(I *might* call if the blinds are really bad players that might call with all sorts of Ax and Jx in their hands).

Postflop I think the way you played is fine. By the river you represent either a missed diamond draw or Ax. Your villain probably reckons a missed draw will not call anyway (not even a small bet) and by shoving he is isolating himself vs. Ax (he can't rely that people will fold any A there). I'd say his range is at least AK, maybe 99.

As I see it, on the river it's a good fold. Preflop I'd have folded as well most of the time (except if I had decent reads on the other players).