[NL2-NL10] AQo NL2 FR

• ilovemagic
      this was definately a positional battle. I think I played this weak considering the player had tight stats preflop. I think the call preflop was fine, but i think if i'm not getting away on that flop i shoulda just raised there and got it in on the flop. what always confuses me veriz, is when a tight opponent 3 bets me preflop, and i think of the hands my AQ could be getting value from vs tight opp, i think AJ and A-T are my best hands i get value from, and the damn J or T pops up with the ace in the community cards and I get VERY confused. what hands does A-Q really get value from on our tight opponents? I just think hes flipping over AK or AJ too many times in this situation to get much value...thoughts?

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - View hand 1608868
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $2.00
      Hero (BTN): $2.17
      SB: $2.13
      BB: $2.00
      UTG: $1.31
      UTG+1: $1.40
      MP: $1.12

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with A :heart: Q :spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 1 fold, BB raises to $0.18, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.37) A :diamond: 5 :club: 7 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.21, Hero calls $0.21

Turn: ($0.79) J :diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.45, Hero raises to $1.78 all in, BB calls $1.16 all in

River: ($4.01) J :heart: (2 players - 2 are all in)
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20

Usually players would not fire twice on air Axx boards, so you likely don´t get more value if he has there air. He may c/c turn with KK-TT, but also a lot of players would put you on ace and c/f.

So my plan with AQ would be either call against tight players (although if player is tight I don´t see any reason calling pf) or
      raise small to 0.48$. I can balance out bluffraising with air and it would put him on difficult spots with worse Ax hands, since I don´t really rep anything by raising that board.

I have seen players shoving 99 on Axx board against my small raise, so you can get shoved by worse hands and you get this way maximum value his worse Ax hands.

Since J is not the best card on the deck I would personally prefer just calling than shoving over his turn bet. He would not fold out there any strong draw (like KdQd) or better hand and if he has there AT he may also find there way how to fold his hand. Also you fold out his bluffs.

Best regards,
    • ilovemagic
      thanks man. although ur english needs some work lol. very hard to understand sometimes :)
    • veriz
      Hello ilovemagic,

Preflop: Why do you Call here? What's the opponents 3bet. As you said you were against tight opponent so I wouldn't Call here unless I knew the opponent good postflop.

As played
      Postflop: What do you beat on the turn? I doubt that the guy would even 2nd barrel there with something like AT or whatsoever since he wouldn't 3bet those hands. So I'd just fold it on the turn without knowing the opponent overall play.

Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      thats what i was thinking veriz...