Shoving and limpers

• esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Alright so im slightly new to SnGs, been playing micro 45s/90s/360s on Stars for the past week or so, but a big question raises its head, and any input would be appreciated.

Many of the players are horrendous, when im in push/fold mode people still limp in from various positions. How does this actually affect my push/fold range? I know when someone shoves before me I need to tighten up extremely, but how much should I tighten up when theres a limper in the hand? What about multiple limpers?
  • 2 replies
    • CollinMoshman
      CollinMoshman
      Coach
      Coach
      It's not always a cut-and-dry rule. Suppose you have 76s on the button, 5 bb stack, and the blinds are tight. At most stages of the game you have a clear shove if everyone folds to you. If there's a UTG limper though, you should now fold. Too often you're just getting it in bad without enough overlay to justify your equity disadvantage.

But now let's say the very loose-passive hijack and cutoff both limp, and you have 22 OTB with a 13bb stack. Whereas you might not always open-shove a 13bb stack on the button, there's now a very good risk-reward ratio for this play.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Ah, I think im seeing what you mean here, its all about the risk/reward ratio, thanks :)