This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Shoving and limpers

• esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Alright so im slightly new to SnGs, been playing micro 45s/90s/360s on Stars for the past week or so, but a big question raises its head, and any input would be appreciated.

Many of the players are horrendous, when im in push/fold mode people still limp in from various positions. How does this actually affect my push/fold range? I know when someone shoves before me I need to tighten up extremely, but how much should I tighten up when theres a limper in the hand? What about multiple limpers?
  • 2 replies
    • CollinMoshman
      CollinMoshman
      Coach
      Coach
      It's not always a cut-and-dry rule. Suppose you have 76s on the button, 5 bb stack, and the blinds are tight. At most stages of the game you have a clear shove if everyone folds to you. If there's a UTG limper though, you should now fold. Too often you're just getting it in bad without enough overlay to justify your equity disadvantage.

But now let's say the very loose-passive hijack and cutoff both limp, and you have 22 OTB with a 13bb stack. Whereas you might not always open-shove a 13bb stack on the button, there's now a very good risk-reward ratio for this play.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Ah, I think im seeing what you mean here, its all about the risk/reward ratio, thanks :)