This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] T-T Nl2 Fr

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      facing a standard 3 bet here from a TAG, im thinking i can get him to fold and be up against a wide range short stack including KQs+ 55+. i thought the only way im getting a call is if the 3better has AA or KK..which he did this time but what about next time?

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1608892
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $0.78
      BB: $0.96
      UTG: $1.76
      MP: $1.60
      Hero (CO): $2.20
      BTN: $2.00

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with T :diamond: T :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BTN raises to $0.24, SB raises to $0.78 all in, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.20 all in, BTN calls $1.76 all in

Flop: ($4.80) K :club: 7 :diamond: 8 :heart: (3 players - 3 are all in)

Turn: ($4.80) 2 :spade: (3 players - 3 are all in)

River: ($4.80) 9 :heart: (3 players - 3 are all in)
  • 2 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, ilovemagic!

I don't like it. At these limits I'd be playing for (clear) value and that's it, no need to get into very marginal situations.

Problem is: even against a wide range your TT is not exactly fistpumping.

If the SB 3bet, and was indeed a regular SSS aggro 3bettor, then 4betting TT would be obvious. But I don't think any shortstacker is cold 4betting as a bluff too often there after the BTN 3bets.

Even if the SB is 3betting AQ and KQ type of hands, our TT at best flips against those.

And I didn't even get to the BTN's range yet. I don't know what you mean by "standard 3bet from a TAG" as I don't recall seeing many 3bet bluffs on NL2. As a matter of fact, a "standard 3bet from a TAG" on NL2 is for value, which means we have a very easy fold with our TT.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      i guess thats why that strategy works so well then. theyre harder to read when they have pretty balanced stats eh? i got fooled lol, the one guy had KK and the other had AA lol