[NL2-NL10] T-T Nl2 Fr

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      facing a standard 3 bet here from a TAG, im thinking i can get him to fold and be up against a wide range short stack including KQs+ 55+. i thought the only way im getting a call is if the 3better has AA or KK..which he did this time but what about next time?

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1608892
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $0.78
      BB: $0.96
      UTG: $1.76
      MP: $1.60
      Hero (CO): $2.20
      BTN: $2.00

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with T :diamond: T :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BTN raises to $0.24, SB raises to $0.78 all in, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.20 all in, BTN calls $1.76 all in

Flop: ($4.80) K :club: 7 :diamond: 8 :heart: (3 players - 3 are all in)

Turn: ($4.80) 2 :spade: (3 players - 3 are all in)

River: ($4.80) 9 :heart: (3 players - 3 are all in)
  • 2 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, ilovemagic!

I don't like it. At these limits I'd be playing for (clear) value and that's it, no need to get into very marginal situations.

Problem is: even against a wide range your TT is not exactly fistpumping.

If the SB 3bet, and was indeed a regular SSS aggro 3bettor, then 4betting TT would be obvious. But I don't think any shortstacker is cold 4betting as a bluff too often there after the BTN 3bets.

Even if the SB is 3betting AQ and KQ type of hands, our TT at best flips against those.

And I didn't even get to the BTN's range yet. I don't know what you mean by "standard 3bet from a TAG" as I don't recall seeing many 3bet bluffs on NL2. As a matter of fact, a "standard 3bet from a TAG" on NL2 is for value, which means we have a very easy fold with our TT.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      i guess thats why that strategy works so well then. theyre harder to read when they have pretty balanced stats eh? i got fooled lol, the one guy had KK and the other had AA lol