Cooling Off

• SoNGcomMiTTee
      SoNGcomMiTTee
      Bronze
      Just lost 6bi in 2 joke ass sessions with a few 2 outers

Some bad play too but that was a lil from tilt

What do you guys do when you have a downswing?

I'm gonna kick back and watch some vids and return fresh

Besides why pay rake for rape when there are red light districts for that lol

Peace
  • 4 replies
    • Ac3sFu11
      Ac3sFu11
      Bronze
      Have a break,go do something away from poker/gambling.Chill out for abit.

Come back fresh and hope the upswing starts.Dont get downbeat if it doesnt.

GL.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey SoNGcomMiTTee,

I'd suggest you post the hands where you're losing the big pots in the and Reviewer Forum.
      If the Hand Reviewer comes back and says you played it right, then you have nothing to beat yourself up about! As long as you're following BRM, you should be able to handle the Variance.

On the other hand, if it comes back you played them wrong and should have got away, you know where you need to improve!

Its a Win/Win situation :)

I have the Stop-Loss Strategy in place for myself and find it works very well! I'd suggest you give it a go if Tilt is effecting your game at all because of the constant bad beats.

Also take a read of this article How can you protect your money from Tilt?

Best of luck!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Hey SoNGcomMiTTee,

I'd suggest you post the hands where you're losing the big pots in the and Reviewer Forum.
      If the Hand Reviewer comes back and says you played it right, then you have nothing to beat yourself up about! As long as you're following BRM, you should be able to handle the Variance.

On the other hand, if it comes back you played them wrong and should have got away, you know where you need to improve!

Its a Win/Win situation :)

I have the Stop-Loss Strategy in place for myself and find it works very well! I'd suggest you give it a go if Tilt is effecting your game at all because of the constant bad beats.

Also take a read of this article How can you protect your money from Tilt?

Best of luck!
      This.

Nice post Matt.

Best of luck SoNGcomMiTTee, Poker is one long session and what happens over the course of ten games should not be defining us.

Short term, luck is king. Long term, skill is king.

All the best,
      Gary
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      When I was on 888 I used to go to the 5bb push fold tables and open shove for a few hands :s_evil:

As Matt says the best thing you can do is post the hands, see if you played them well/bad and try and learn from it if it was the latter.

So long as you keep making good decisions results will follow. This game is a marathon not a sprint!