Movie Thread -previously seen....

• Minhstar
      Minhstar
      Global
      Hey volks,
      i wanna open a tv and movie thread for the english community ;)
      here you can post movies you have previously seen and rate them.
      i start now...

I phone you

Content:
      Ling, mid-20s, lives in Chongqing. There she meets Yu, a Chinese business traveller who lives in Berlin. He gives her an iPhone as a goodbye present. They start a romantic telephone relationship. When Ling flies to Berlin to see Yu, another man, Marco, awaits her at the airport. He is Yu's German bodyguard. He is to make sure that Ling flies back home. Over two days Ling meets Turks, Poles and Berliners, waiters, policemen and whores, even a dog joins her. For the bodyguard she causes more pain than pleasure, and still he grows to like her. In the end Ling finds Yu and leaves him at the same time, in a way that is surprising to both of them. Love during the time of the World Wide Web. Distant yet close. Close yet distant.

i like this movie and the sweet actress ;)
      7/10
  • 6 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Cool thread i'll go for one i watched last night:

Donnie Brasco.

The true story of FBI agent Joseph D. Pistone who infiltrated one of the New York mafia families in an undercover operation that lasted 6 years.

Pistone wrote a book about his experiences undercover which was an amazing read and gave a real insight into the rules of a mafia family and the lifestyles they really live not the way Hollywood makes us think. If you haven't read it then i strongly recommend it to anyone its Smart, funny and truly interesting.

The film was nothing like the book at all basically the characters are completely different people it makes you warm to the people the book made you hate and hate the people you were rooting for in the book it made me (facepalm) a lot of times.

I wont spoil the ending i will just say it didnt happen like that.

I know its hard to squeeze 6 years into 2 hours or whatever but it moved so fast if you hadnt read the book some moments would just leave you thinking wtf?

I think this was one of Johnny Depps worst performances too, but maybe that was because the producers/directors whatever made him play a completely different character to what he should have played.

Im not sure how Pistone worked as a consultant and let them get away with half the crap they put in there.

Ok rant over now :)

Michael Madsens coolness and Al Pacinos acting saved me from giving this a 1/2 but 4/10 and really disapointed
    • TurnitAce
      TurnitAce
      Bronze
      the names are the other way around on top of their heads :) )
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Recently watched Real Steel.

It was a good film, but it was also a Classic Hollywood Story, you knew exactly how the story was going to go, no imagination. Despite this, it was still a good watch, just a shame that didn't do more with it.

6.5/10
    • g3no
      g3no
      Bronze
      The Revenant
      its ok. could have been funier.. give it a 7/10
    • Nivlem
      Nivlem
      Silver
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly

Donnie Brasco.

The true story of FBI agent Joseph D. Pistone who infiltrated one of the New York mafia families in an undercover operation that lasted 6 years.

Pistone wrote a book about his experiences undercover which was an amazing read and gave a real insight into the rules of a mafia family and the lifestyles they really live not the way Hollywood makes us think. If you haven't read it then i strongly recommend it to anyone its Smart, funny and truly interesting.

The film was nothing like the book at all basically the characters are completely different people it makes you warm to the people the book made you hate and hate the people you were rooting for in the book it made me (facepalm) a lot of times.

I wont spoil the ending i will just say it didnt happen like that.

I know its hard to squeeze 6 years into 2 hours or whatever but it moved so fast if you hadnt read the book some moments would just leave you thinking wtf?

I think this was one of Johnny Depps worst performances too, but maybe that was because the producers/directors whatever made him play a completely different character to what he should have played.

Im not sure how Pistone worked as a consultant and let them get away with half the crap they put in there.

Ok rant over now :)

Michael Madsens coolness and Al Pacinos acting saved me from giving this a 1/2 but 4/10 and really disapointed
      Looks really good, good feedback, great actors. Will definitely watch this someday soon!
    • g3no
      g3no
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by Melvin
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly

Donnie Brasco.

Looks really good, good feedback, great actors. Will definitely watch this someday soon!
      good movie, kind of old