Most profitable game?

• liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      Hi, I play poker on pokerstars, I wonder which game is most profitable in your opinion. At the moment, I play 30 dollar turbo husng, and have a ROI of about 12 percent, I wonder whether I can improve that by much. However, in turbo husng I can only play one table at a time, otherwise, my ROI will drop dramatically, maybe to negative territory. Besides this game I play some 25nl FR cash, 7-15 dollar stt, mtt etc. where I can 9 table. I can also play 3 mtts and one husng at the same time. At the moment my profit in those games isn't that good, I wonder what is the potential winning rate in those games and whether it is worthwhile to work on those games.
  • 15 replies
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Bronze
      this question will never be answered, every game is beatable, so it's just about what you are best at

omaha hi-lo HU imo because of this

but there are just as sick graphs for every game mode i think
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I play on PokerStars also and i have pretty sick graph.......but in wrong direction:)
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by Alan883
      I play on PokerStars also and i have pretty sick graph.......but in wrong direction:)
      There's even more of those :)
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BergsM
      this question will never be answered, every game is beatable, so it's just about what you are best at

omaha hi-lo HU imo because of this

but there are just as sick graphs for every game mode i think
      I know, but what level do you play? I used to make a lot of profit from e.g. stts, however those games seem to have become much harder those days, with a lot of regs playing and the achievable ROI is much lower than it was like a year ago.
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Bronze
      that's not my graph, i found it in another forum
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Winner-take-all russian roulette!

On a serious note, whatever you can do significantly better than the average player.
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      I know, at the moment I am most profitable in husng I think. But I want to know somethin about the room of improvement and achievable rate in other games.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Well, you can always check out PTR and sharkscope top leaderboards to see how the best of different games are doing.
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      I checked sharkscope leaderboards, I am not sure how that works. E.g. there is someone called duim who is supposed to have got like 40 percent ROI in husngs for 500 games, however, when I checked his tournament history, that is simply not true. His ROI is very small.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      even you'r 12% at turbo's at these levels is rly high, i wouldn't expect more, if you want to have a higher ROI just play normal speed or super turbo(most pros choose these ones), tho the swongs will be way bigger with the super turbos.

And about the 1 tabling, even if you'r ROI would decrease to 7% you would still be making more $/h 2 tabling
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phantommm92
      even you'r 12% at turbo's at these levels is rly high, i wouldn't expect more, if you want to have a higher ROI just play normal speed or super turbo(most pros choose these ones), tho the swongs will be way bigger with the super turbos.

And about the 1 tabling, even if you'r ROI would decrease to 7% you would still be making more $/h 2 tabling
      How does playing super turbo's translate to a higher ROI?
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      not higher ROI, but higher $/h sorry, my bad that i wrote it in a wrong matter.
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      Try halve the number of FR or SNG's for a month or two and come back to us with that ROI :) I seem to think your ROI is higher in your HU SNG's since you're only playing one at a time and it gets your full attention ;)

edit : just saw you meant $/h but I think my reply still makes sense and that you should give it a go
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      The problem is I am hardly beat SNG or FR cash anymore. I wonder whether it is possible to have a decent rate in those games. On sharkscope leaderboard, some ppl got ridiculous high ROI, which I have serious doubt about. The problem with multitabling Husng is that playing husng requires a lot of read and attention on my opponent's behaviour and that makes it very difficult for me to 2 table properly. I get too confused when playing different kind of opponent. At the moment I am trying to play one husng and 3 sngs/mtts at the same time, the advantage is in sngs/mtt, I can pretty much ignore the action and concentrate in husng until I got a very decent hand, and only very rarely my play will be villian dependent and in that case looking at the stats does a fairly good estimate too.
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      I think the most profitable is probably the one you enjoy the most and will study/work on the most.