[NL2-NL10] NL10 KK turn?

• inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      Opponent is 49/10/3 1.4 over 165 hands. How do we play turn here? b/f? b/c? c/c?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.03)
      BB ($10)
      Hero ($10)
      CO ($2.75)
      BTN ($14.34)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:heart:

Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, SB calls $0.35, fold

FLOP ($0.90) 7:spade: 8:club: 4:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB calls $0.70

TURN ($2.30) 7:spade: 8:club: 4:spade: Q:spade:

Hero?
  • 4 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, inlovewithamsterdam!

Unfortunately, against such a passive player I think bet/calling might be overplaying the hand.

You didn't give us his WTS for us to have an idea on the player as well, even with the small sample.

While we would like to bet turn again, it's a but useless to bet and get some 8x without :spade: to fold - which would be a shame.

Since we do have the K :spade: I'd be more inclined to check back (we don't need to protect) and either call a river bet by him or bet myself if he checks.

By "more inclined" I mean it's a possibility; against a very loose/passive though it's better to just bet/fold both turn and river to get lots of value as he might indeed still call twice with 8x, at least once with T9 or any hand with a spade, 76 (and other pair+GS hands) etc. So lots of hands to get value there.

Probably leave the check behind option to use against quite aggressive opponents who would both raise turn as a bluff with only one spade AND bluff the river if we check back so we can bluffcatch and get one more bet out of their air.

Sorry if I sounded confusing talking about different options, I hope you got my point :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

To make it easy and simple and sum it up everything. Standard spot to Bet the turn. :) Although how comes you are OOP on the turn while you were IP on the flop? :D

If we are IP then we can as well just Check it behind since he will have hard time Calling with a lot worse.

Best Regards.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      sorry for messing these up it was late when i posted it.

appreciate the responses, thanks!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by inlovewithamsterdam
      sorry for messing these up it was late when i posted it.

appreciate the responses, thanks!
      No problemo.