[NL2-NL10] NL10 weak TP OOP

• inlovewithamsterdam
      What do we do here on turn if we were up against an aggressive opponent? c/c for pot control?
      if up against a passive opponent, do we check/call for pot control or rather bet again?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.53)
      Hero ($11.11)
      UTG ($2.90)
      CO ($2.56)
      BTN ($11.90)

Dealt to Hero A:club: 5:spade:

fold, CO calls $0.10, fold, fold, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.25) 2:diamond: 8:spade: A:spade:

Hero bets $0.20, CO calls $0.20

TURN ($0.65) 2:diamond: 8:spade: A:spade: 3:club:

• 2 replies
    • luizsilveira
      Hi, inlovewithamsterdam!

Against an aggressive opponent I *might* check flop already and expect him to represent the ace all day long. But then again, aggressive opponents *usually* don't limp pre flop anyway :D

Against a loose/passive guy I'd bet turn again, even if it's very thin. We're charging spade draws and the odd 8x, but that's about it unfortunately... however, both check/calling and check/folding I think are slightly inferior (as I matter of fact, I think check/folding > check/calling if he is *really* passive and will probably check back draws and 8x).

River I think is even trickier/thinner. I think it's unlikely for a very passive guy to call twice and then bluff a missed draw on the river, so we can bet turn and just check/fold most rivers expecting him to check behind all that we beat.

Meh, I dislike all the lines too but lets face it: you have a very weak and vulnerable hand playing out of position. Not a spot in which you'll make money unless you hit a non :spade: 4... because EVEN if our opponent calls down with 8x those won't be so many more than Ax on his calling range thus even in that case we're not making big $ at all.

If it's close, it means it's not a spot you need to worry all that much (since you won't make much $) provided you don't lose (i.e., spew) in it as well :D
    • veriz
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

No matter what, we are just Betting here, we need to protect our hand. :P It's a freeplay pot and it's not so likely that they will take stabs here anyways. Which means I'd also continue betting the turn for protection and free showdown.

Best Regards.