This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 weak TP OOP

• inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      What do we do here on turn if we were up against an aggressive opponent? c/c for pot control?
      if up against a passive opponent, do we check/call for pot control or rather bet again?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.53)
      Hero ($11.11)
      UTG ($2.90)
      CO ($2.56)
      BTN ($11.90)

Dealt to Hero A:club: 5:spade:

fold, CO calls $0.10, fold, fold, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.25) 2:diamond: 8:spade: A:spade:

Hero bets $0.20, CO calls $0.20

TURN ($0.65) 2:diamond: 8:spade: A:spade: 3:club:

Hero?
  • 2 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, inlovewithamsterdam!

Tricky.

Against an aggressive opponent I *might* check flop already and expect him to represent the ace all day long. But then again, aggressive opponents *usually* don't limp pre flop anyway :D

Against a loose/passive guy I'd bet turn again, even if it's very thin. We're charging spade draws and the odd 8x, but that's about it unfortunately... however, both check/calling and check/folding I think are slightly inferior (as I matter of fact, I think check/folding > check/calling if he is *really* passive and will probably check back draws and 8x).

River I think is even trickier/thinner. I think it's unlikely for a very passive guy to call twice and then bluff a missed draw on the river, so we can bet turn and just check/fold most rivers expecting him to check behind all that we beat.

Meh, I dislike all the lines too but lets face it: you have a very weak and vulnerable hand playing out of position. Not a spot in which you'll make money unless you hit a non :spade: 4... because EVEN if our opponent calls down with 8x those won't be so many more than Ax on his calling range thus even in that case we're not making big $ at all.

If it's close, it means it's not a spot you need to worry all that much (since you won't make much $) provided you don't lose (i.e., spew) in it as well :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

No matter what, we are just Betting here, we need to protect our hand. :P It's a freeplay pot and it's not so likely that they will take stabs here anyways. Which means I'd also continue betting the turn for protection and free showdown.

Best Regards.