NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      Hero ($11.26)
      UTG ($4.98)
      UTG+1 ($11.86)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: J:diamond:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.40, UTG calls $0.30, fold

FLOP ($0.90) Q:diamond: 3:diamond: J:spade:

Hero bets $0.40, UTG calls $0.40

TURN ($1.70) Q:diamond: 3:diamond: J:spade: K:club:

Hero bets $1, UTG calls $1

RIVER ($3.70) Q:diamond: 3:diamond: J:spade: K:club: T:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG bets $3.18 (AI), Hero folds

UTG wins $3.52
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Yes, I am curious why do you always Bet small if you have a weak hand? Otherwise Check/Fold the river.

Best Regards.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Yes, I am curious why do you always Bet small if you have a weak hand? Otherwise Check/Fold the river.

Best Regards.
      I bet small since I don't want to play a big pot with a weak hand. I can see there is a potential leak there with my bet sizing in general. How to deal with it? Should I always bet 3/4 no matter what?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I bet small since I don't want to play a big pot with a weak hand. I can see there is a potential leak there with my bet sizing in general. How to deal with it? Should I always bet 3/4 no matter what?

That's the worst reason people saying. :P Betting small because they want to play in small pots. :) Your style is very exploitable and easy to play against you and obviously you give good odds for draws, so yes, you should bet it bigger at least 2/3.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      what veriz said. I also catch myself trying to bet small in pots where I feel I could easily be behind, or get raised big and have to fold.
      i have found some profitable check/raise situations vs weak agrressive players who bet/ fold the flop. Its an easy way to win some small pots, while staying in tune with the check/raise style anyways.

Basically all I'm saying here is your low bets will be exploited by people who are thinking types. you will lose your money to them most often.

I think there is some times where u can use low bets on flops like 22x+ where a half pot size bet is usually preferrable unless theres a flush/str8 draw(778, QdQc5d) in which case I normally c-bet like 60-65% of pot so they dont get as good of odds