This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 KJo OOP

• inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      any comments?

many thanks,
      Matt

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      Hero ($11.26)
      UTG ($4.98)
      UTG+1 ($11.86)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: J:diamond:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.40, UTG calls $0.30, fold

FLOP ($0.90) Q:diamond: 3:diamond: J:spade:

Hero bets $0.40, UTG calls $0.40

TURN ($1.70) Q:diamond: 3:diamond: J:spade: K:club:

Hero bets $1, UTG calls $1

RIVER ($3.70) Q:diamond: 3:diamond: J:spade: K:club: T:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG bets $3.18 (AI), Hero folds

UTG wins $3.52
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Yes, I am curious why do you always Bet small if you have a weak hand? Otherwise Check/Fold the river.

Best Regards.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Yes, I am curious why do you always Bet small if you have a weak hand? Otherwise Check/Fold the river.

Best Regards.
      I bet small since I don't want to play a big pot with a weak hand. I can see there is a potential leak there with my bet sizing in general. How to deal with it? Should I always bet 3/4 no matter what?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I bet small since I don't want to play a big pot with a weak hand. I can see there is a potential leak there with my bet sizing in general. How to deal with it? Should I always bet 3/4 no matter what?

That's the worst reason people saying. :P Betting small because they want to play in small pots. :) Your style is very exploitable and easy to play against you and obviously you give good odds for draws, so yes, you should bet it bigger at least 2/3.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      what veriz said. I also catch myself trying to bet small in pots where I feel I could easily be behind, or get raised big and have to fold.
      i have found some profitable check/raise situations vs weak agrressive players who bet/ fold the flop. Its an easy way to win some small pots, while staying in tune with the check/raise style anyways.

Basically all I'm saying here is your low bets will be exploited by people who are thinking types. you will lose your money to them most often.

I think there is some times where u can use low bets on flops like 22x+ where a half pot size bet is usually preferrable unless theres a flush/str8 draw(778, QdQc5d) in which case I normally c-bet like 60-65% of pot so they dont get as good of odds