Am I a fish....

• helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      ...or is the sample size too small??

Pokerev tells me I lost about 450$ on equity.
      Flop-a-set-ometer tells me I missed ~300-400$ on setvalue
      However, 8k still felt like a LOT of hands...

Is losing 5 stacks in a 3 hour session normal? It doesn't feel particularly good tbh. I just keep losing, dunno why. I played very similar to the way i played during 1 on 1 coaching sessions by chenny8888 and Swissmoumout. I totally spammed the bss forum with my hands, and didn't get that much criticism, while these were really the most critical hands I played. And still... I keep bleeding chips 'ere. Ill ask for a private coaching asap, but still, I can't believe I'm really down over 6 big blinds/100 hands.

Advice plz... anyone else had -6big blinds over 8k hands? Did I bring my s&g luck over to the cashtables now? Is that 450$ on equity really money that should just've been in my account instead of some passive fish his ministack?
  • 10 replies
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      my roomm8 had -6bb/100 after 10k hands, costed him another 10k to fix it to +2bb/100.But he was playing SSS, and i think those swings are pretty normal for it.
      In your case , Im just a starter with BSS, so I cant be much of a help - but I did lose three stacks in 2 hour session due to overagressivness and some bad suckouts , so i guess its normal.Im not tracking my sessions, so Im not rly sure if you're aggressive enough...But hey, 8k hands aint that much for the gods of variance.
      Finally, Im rly not much of a help , as Im new to the overall stats in BSS...
      But I dont think you should worry, as It happens to everyone,and you seem to take the needed measures to improve your game!
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      i don't think you can call it a sample) seriously, 8k hands is nothing for nl cash
      and 5 stacks also isn't that horrible, imo

so i think everything is fine with your play, just keep improving
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      and 5 stacks also isn't that horrible

It's ten, since breaking even is of no use to me, except 5 bucks an hour on rakeback, which isn't enough imo. If those red numbers would've been green, I wouldn't have made a moan/cry for help thread like this one...
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Your PF AF is way too high , you might be losing a lot in 3bet pots or preflop all ins
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      what is a standard one? I have 6)

It's ten, since breaking even is of no use to me, except 5 bucks an hour on rakeback, which isn't enough imo. If those red numbers would've been green, I wouldn't have made a moan/cry for help thread like this one...

the sample is still tiny though... i don't know, maybe try move down to NL 50 for a while. private coaching was definitely a good idea, helps me a lot
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      around 2.5-4 i guess
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      Originally posted by undercover82
      Your PF AF is way too high , you might be losing a lot in 3bet pots or preflop all ins
      my 22/20 is no good?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      PF is (bet% + raise%) / call% as far as I know. you are talking about vpip and pfr.
      I have 25/23
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      ah, probably a 3betting leak here. Anyway, Im a bit unlucky sometimes...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

Button ($50.40)
      SB ($109.90)
      BB ($105.60)
      UTG ($114.90)
      MP ($229.70)
      Hero ($100)

Preflop: Hero is CO with , .
      2 folds, Hero raises to $4, 1 fold, SB calls $3.50, 1 fold.

Flop: ($9) , , (2 players)
      SB bets $8, Hero raises to $23, SB raises to $105.9, Hero calls $73 (All-In).

Turn: ($201) (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($201) (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $201

Results in white below:
      SB has 9c 9h (four of a kind, nines).
      Hero has Qd Qc (full house, queens full of nines).
      Outcome: SB wins $210.90.
    • Menadjer
      Menadjer
      Bronze
      That's a really sick bad beat