[NL20-NL50] SH50 - KK on paired board in 3-bet pot

• MrActuary
      Hello, I've played that hand a few days ago and I'm not quite sure if I played it like a fish or if this is just pretty standard. Villain (who's 30/21 with 2.0 AF) calling my bet oop makes me put him on a 88+, AQ+ maybe AJs+ range. He might be calling with lower pocket pairs because we're deep.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($50.25)
      BB ($50)
      UTG ($89.16)
      CO ($50.75)
      Hero ($80.73)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:spade:

UTG raises to $1.50, fold, Hero raises to $4.50, fold, fold, UTG calls $3

FLOP ($9.75) 4:club: T:heart: T:spade:

UTG checks, Hero bets $4.87, UTG raises to $15, Hero calls $10.13

TURN ($39.75) 4:club: T:heart: T:spade: 6:heart:

UTG bets $30, Hero calls $30

RIVER ($99.75) 4:club: T:heart: T:spade: 6:heart: 3:spade:

UTG bets $39.66 (AI), Hero calls $31.23 (AI)

On flop I was sort of "scared" that he had the T, although that definitely doesn't represent a big % of his range. At that point I put him mostly on pocket pairs (below TT except 44 are trying to protect and TT+ for value). I would think he'd call with stuff like AK, AQ ..

Since he bets turn pretty strong I'm now more inclined to think he's doing this for value, so my idea of his range is mostly 44, TT+ and I'm a bit worried about the T since it's possible he might have called pre with ATs or some suited connector (T9s, JTs)

So basically if I call turn i pretty much have to call river so river plays itself imo.

Are you getting away from this hand at any point?

Thank you!
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20

If I think he might make there moves I would not fold KK that spot. He should not raise that big on the flop with Tx or 44 and likely I would shove turn, since I would call him down anyway on blank river

best regards,