[NL2-NL10] NL6 - BB with AQo

• ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Despite what Villian Had, I played this correct or not? :)

BTN: $3.97 (66.2 bb)
      SB: $5.61 (93.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $9.67 (161.2 bb)
      CO: $9.44 (157.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q A
      CO raises to $0.18, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.57, CO calls $0.39

Flop: ($1.17) J J Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.17, Hero calls $1.17

Turn: ($3.51) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.21, Hero calls $3.21

River: ($9.93) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.49, Hero calls $4.49

Results: $18.91 pot ($1.11 rake)
      Final Board: J J Q 2 5
      Hero showed Q A and lost (-$9.44 net)
      CO showed J J and won $17.80 ($8.36 net)
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      Don't overestimate top pair. On the flop you should defenetly call even if he pots it. He could be well haveing something like AK or KQ that you beat or even bluff. His bet size is quite strange for this kind of board so a call is the best option.

On the turn he pots it again and now he looks most like an overpair, although his bet sizeings are strande and seems that he is trying to look strong.
      At this point I think I would fold, even though he might be bluffing, mainly because I think he will allways invest the rest of his money on the river and I don't really want to be bluff catching with my whole stack against an unknown opp on this kind of board.

Next time, don't show the results. It's ok that you know them and they might influence the opinion of those evaluating, hence you might be getting a less objective advice.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDr
      Next time, don't show the results. It's ok that you know them and they might influence the opinion of those evaluating, hence you might be getting a less objective advice.
      I've no idea how to remove the results from HM2 Clipboard :( I don't think you can.

I totally forgot too, i'll try and remember to delete it from the code for the new ones :D

Edit: I've "Spoiler'd" them all, I hope :D

Thanks for advice ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MattDenness,

Nah, I am not a huge fan of playing for the stacks here. Without even knowing the opponent I'd tend to Check/Fold the turn while the guy pots so big and we are kind of deep.

Best Regards.
    • BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Originally posted by BogdanDr
      I've no idea how to remove the results from HM2 Clipboard :( I don't think you can.

I totally forgot too, i'll try and remember to delete it from the code for the new ones :D

Edit: I've "Spoiler'd" them all, I hope :D

Thanks for advice ;)
      NP:p

You can remove the results by manualy deleting them after you convert your hand.

I also have a question: How do you add a spoiler?
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Creating them in a spoiler is much better than deleting, gives the option of seeing results if those choose :)

To create a spoiler:

Create some text you want to hide:

TEXT

^ Highlight it and click the "abc" button, just to the right on $. Then press OK

Or put these Codes around the text/image you wish to Spoiler.

code:
      [SPOILER]TEXT[/SPOILER]
    • BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      Thanks!:)