Clearing bonuses

• MoneyDearest
      MoneyDearest
      Bronze
      Hello,

I'm thinking about depositing on 888, and am wondering how much I should deposit in order to be able to comfortably clear my bonus in the time allowed (90 days). Unfortunately, I can't play much volume, due to silly RL commitments, but could play, say, 3600 hands over the 90 days.

I know these things depend on rake, and thus playing style, but it would be great if someone could give me an order of magnitude. Let's say I'm playing MSS to the letter, or maybe a bit looser.

Or, is there no point trying to clear bonus when your learning/on the micros, and so should I stay well away from bonus whoring, and maybe re-think joining another poker room, so not to waste any first time bonuses?

Oh, and a bonus point and a cookie goes to anyone who could tell be roughly how many P.S. points I'd make it if i played 2400 hands in a month? I'm guessing I'd hit silver status, anywhere near gold :f_cool: ?

Cheers,

Money.
  • 4 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey MoneyDearest, again! :D

Depositing on 888 is a great idea, I play there myself and its the easiest fields i've ever played! Just don't scare too many of the fish away? ;)

3600 Hands in 90 days is not alot i'm afraid, unless you're playing higher stakes I wouldn't go bonus whoring.

I'd take a stab in the dark that with 3600 hands at NL25, you may clear $50 Bonus if you're lucky.

As for "Wasting" the First time bonus, 888 Offers "Reload Codes" roughly every month, which is identical to a First Deposit Bonus, just smaller, for example their FREE200NOW Deposit code which gives you a $200 bonus. which for Micro players like me and you, is perfect :f_cool:

Bonus cookie.. I'll take a stab at this... :D
      You will earn 4 StrategyPoints per $1 of rake on 888poker.
      Over 26000 hands at NL6 HM2 says I've raked $260
      26000 / 11 = 2363
      $260 / 11 = £23.63

So you'll pay around $24 Rake on your 2400 hands
      $24 *4 = 96 SP's

You also get 10 SP's for each day you rake $1 on a tracked site too, so you could get an extra 300 SP's if you play it smart ;)
      $1 Per day = $30 Rake (30*4=120SP's) + The 300 Bonus Point = 420. Leaving you 80 shy of Gold :(
      But if you play NL10, then Gold should be easy enough :f_cool:
    • MoneyDearest
      MoneyDearest
      Bronze
      Hey Matt,

Great answer, thanks! :f_biggrin:

See you at the tables :s_biggrin: !

Money.

P.S. Don't worry, you'd hardly be able to distinguish me from the fish :D !
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Glad to help :)

More glad that I didn't lose you there :P

Which limits are you going to be playing?
    • MoneyDearest
      MoneyDearest
      Bronze
      I'll prob play NL5/6.

Stay tuned for my blog; I had a pretty shaking start with my $50 starting capital (you may have seen?) but I've been playing pretty solidly for the last few hundred hands, which, with a bit of variance back on my side, has put me break even again :P !

So now I want to see how long I can keep this 45 degree angle of mine, until I loose favour with the Poker Gods again :D !