UTG: $35.86
      UTG+1: $17.32
      MP: $39.77
      MP+1: $18.50
      LP: $27.00
      CO: $22.70

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has K:club: K:spade:

UTG raises to $0.70, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.40, UTG calls $1.70

Flop: ($4.90, 2 players) A:club: Q:diamond: Q:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $2.45, Hero calls $2.45

Turn: ($9.80, 2 players) T:spade:
      Hero checks, UTG checks

River: ($9.80, 2 players) 4:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $5.10, fold

What do you think about this hand?
      I decided not to cbet because I didn't see worse hands than ours which will call... so I checked and let him bet...
  • 5 replies
    • Alan883
      Hi BGawli,

what a hand for us:(

I think that we have here only two options to play

1) cBet/Fold
      2) check/fold

When you were calling his bet did you expected that he won't bet again? We just have to make a plan on the flop so if you let him bet and you call what is your plan....i think we are allays in trouble then.

The question still remain if we generate enough fold equity if we make a cBet.

Either if we decide to cBet or just to fold we still have time to wait for better spots:)

Good luck at the tables!!
    • UnknownJoseph
      so what do you suggest?
      check/fold right on the flop because this is cruel spot for kings...
    • Alan883
      Yeah i think that i am towards check/fold....lets wait also what veriz think about it.
    • luizsilveira

I was beat to evaluate this one :D (I thought it was still "open").

I'd ch/f as well somewhat often. We might be ahead sometimes but it ain't a spot in which we'll make $ anyway. Even if we call flop what's the plan? We'll have to just keep praying he checks down his small pairs.

I even thing cbet > ch/c.

That said, I wouldn't 3bet to 3x being out of position. 3,5x is my minimum, against call happy's I do it 4.
    • veriz
      Hello BGawli,

Opponents calling range from UTG is mainly going to be something like Ax or PPs and towards to strong PPs as well of course as JJ/TT etc. So therefore we have to ask ourselves what's your plan against them?

We have on the guy 10k hands so we should have an overview already here if he is capable of bluffing big time or not, from that we can predict our play. Either to Check/Call it and let him Bet with weaker PPs and turn our hand into bluff-catcher or not. If we expect him rather just to take stab just one time then standard spot to Check/Call it. He wont pay us much anyways with those weaker PPs.

So overall the play seems to be fine and I wouldn't change much, other possibility would be to CB/Fold it if we don't want to turn our hand into bluff-catcher and not balance our Check/Call line sometimes even with Ax hands here.

Best Regards.