This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Good sample size

• 8 replies
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Hallo!

I think, after 100k CG hands you can have a first impression if you are a winner or a looser. But you need much more hands to have a real sample size to know your winrate.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey guys,

moving this to the beginners questions forum board. :)

i've heard numbers from 20k hands to 100k hands :) i guess it goes from rough idea, to a more accurate picture the higher you get.

smiles,
      wendy
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      OBVS it depends what format you play, here is a pretty solid guide line for you:

FR = 20,000 hands

SH = 60,000 hands

HU = 120,00 hands
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      OBVS it depends what format you play, here is a pretty solid guide line for you:

FR = 20,000 hands

SH = 60,000 hands

HU = 120,00 hands
      Hallo!

Let us have an excample for your FR samplesize.

You are “crushing” your limit with 1,5bb/100 on 20k hands. This means, you have won 300BB overall.
      Now you are starting a new session and you will loose the first 4 All ins. 400BB lost!
      You are looking inside your HM, PT or Elephant and you will see: I AM A LOOSING PLAYER!!! ;(
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey SharkySmurf,

I personally like to reflect how i'm doing at a Limit on a minimum of 50k Hands.

As Silicernium explained, you could easily run bad for a couple of hours and lose several BI's which could effectively turn you from a Profit into a Loss on a small volume of hands.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Silicernium
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn

FR = 20,000 hands

SH = 60,000 hands

HU = 120,00 hands
      Hallo!

Let us have an excample for your FR samplesize.

You are “crushing” your limit with 1,5bb/100 on 20k hands. This means, you have won 300BB overall.
      Now you are starting a new session and you will loose the first 4 All ins. 400BB lost!
      You are looking inside your HM, PT or Elephant and you will see: I AM A LOOSING PLAYER!!! ;(
      1.5bb/100 (0.75BB/100) is clearly breakeven...
    • SharkySmurf
      SharkySmurf
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies guys, and sorry about it being wrong forum! will aim for 50k hands for now :D
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      as you can see, there's no really hard and fast rule here :)
      everyone has their own thing. but at least you got some idea hopefully :D