IPoker Network $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players

BTN: $1.02 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 9, 3B: 6, AF: 1.8, Hands: 68
      SB: $4.36 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 16, 3B: 7, AF: 1.2, Hands: 61
      BB: $1.32 - VPIP: 36, PFR: 32, 3B: 20, AF: 4.0, Hands: 22
      UTG: $5.00 - VPIP: 10, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: Infinity, Hands: 20
      MP: $0.65 - VPIP: 52, PFR: 2, 3B: 0, AF: 4.0, Hands: 42
      Hero (CO): $6.09 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 15, 3B: 5, AF: 2.9, Hands: 8000

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with J :spade: J :heart:
      UTG raises to $0.06, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.18, 3 folds, UTG raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.27

Flop: ($0.93) 7 :club: 3 :diamond: 4 :club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.46, Hero calls $0.46

Turn: ($1.85) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.16, Hero calls $1.16

River: ($4.17) 5 :club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $2.93, Hero calls $2.93

Final Pot: $10.03
      UTG shows A :diamond: A :spade:
      UTG wins $9.37
      (Rake: $0.66)

I really don't know why i've made all those calls. I think I should've just shoved or folded on turn what do you think?
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      Yeah, unfortunatly you overplayed your JJ. A fold preflop is the best move.
      If you call his 4bet and an overcard to your J comes what will you do?
      Also what will he open-raise then 4bet from UTG that you beat?
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hi rap1dw1n3r,

as i can see you are both very deep. In those situation you have to be extremely careful. There was bet from tight very deep UTG player and his 4 bet show monster here.

What about just call his OR and play for set value and keep pot manageable?

As played UTG 4bet us and i think that the most "profitable" option is to lay down.
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDr
      Originally posted by Alan883
      Hi rap1dw1n3r,

as i can see you are both very deep. In those situation you have to be extremely careful. There was bet from tight very deep UTG player and his 4 bet show monster here.

As played UTG 4bet us and i think that the most "profitable" option is to lay down.
      Yeh I kinda thought that I should have folded PF there I knew that he had a big hand after reviewing the hand on HEM. I guess this move was a result of a nearly 2k hand session 9 tabling :)
    • BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rap1dw1n3r
      Hi rap1dw1n3r,

Yeh I kinda thought that I should have folded PF there I knew that he had a big hand after reviewing the hand on HEM. I guess this move was a result of a nearly 2k hand session 9 tabling :)
      Yeah you have to be carefull with that. Boredom and tiredness really afect your game play, you will often start playing on autopilot without even knowing!
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rap1dw1n3r
      Hi rap1dw1n3r,

Yeah you have to be carefull with that. Boredom and tiredness really afect your game play, you will often start playing on autopilot without even knowing!
      yeh that's what happened in that hand I think :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rap1dw1n3r,

Preflop: What's the idea of 3bet here? Do you do it for value or what? If you 3bet then it often times means you do it for value and should play for the stacks. :) I'd tend rather to just flat vs the open-raise from UTG.

As played
      Postflop: Totally overplayed your hand, you rarely will beat much on the turn there if you even play it this way. ;)

Best Regards.