[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH 99 from steal pos on paired fl draw board

• BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      On Game No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - On Game Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($20)
      CO ($11.27)
      Hero (Button) ($19.70)
      SB ($19.80)
      BB ($12.63)
      UTG ($19.70)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, 9
      2 folds, CO calls $0.20, Hero bets $0.80, SB calls $0.70, 2 folds

Flop: ($2) 5, 6, 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB raises $4, Hero raises $6.50, SB calls $4

Turn: ($18) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $10.90 (All-In),

villan vpip/pfr/af/FtoCB/c-r/rBC/wtsd/hands
      20/15/2/38/19/25/21/539

On the flop I consider that he wouldn't tahe this line with 55 or 6x and he would do this more with flush draws overpairs and maybe sometimes bluff with some overcards with a backdoor because it is likely that I didn't really hit much on this bord. I 3bet the flop for protection against his overcards and flush draws. Also if he decides not to give me credit and goes on with his poket pairs I'm moastly ahead.

Now after he calls on the flop I think I'm not in great shape, but I decided to shove against flush draws or worse poket pairs (although it would be marginal for him to take this line witk a worse poket pair).

I don't really know which is the best option here:
      -folding is a bit neaty since he defended vs my steal and he would probably not reraise monsters (this board often misses me)
      -calling will make it hard to play if he continues aggresion on an overcard or on a club.
      -3betting is a quite commiting option on this kind of board at least in my opinion.

What's your advice?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would generally b/c flop to keep in his semibluffs and bluffs and then would likely call turn again or shove some of the turn cards, like 2h.

If you want you can 3-bet but likely he would then fold his air.

Turn shove for value and protection is fine

best regards,