RazDirk

• RazDirk
      RazDirk
      Bronze
      Hello Im Razeen :D Im looking forward to this course :>
      I have mostly been playing tournaments; now testing the waters at cash games. I have been playing poker for a year now, but I have so much to improve in my game and hope this course gets me there <3
  • 8 replies
    • RazDirk
      RazDirk
      Bronze
      Hello,

Here is my first weeks homework.
      Looking forward to your comments, <3
      Raz

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      Well I started out fun playing home games with friends, started enjoying the game really a lot, the rush & excitement. Figured I could start making money playing a game I really enjoy so thats that :D :f_p:

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Lately I seem to notice I get rather tilted when players start 3Bettin me. I sometimes make hero calls [which is bad]. While playing NL2 I see a lot of these players Min 3Betting, and after the flop min betting kinda seems to annoy me when i have AK and the flop is JT2 or something. I also think I have a betting disorder being too aggressive and can easily be trapped into a hand. :s_cry:

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      Tight aggressive means choosing your starting hands chart carefully, having a tight range of hands and when you play your selected hand you start playing them aggressive
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.
    • RazDirk
      RazDirk
      Bronze
      Hello veriz,

Sorry Im late to, but been playing a lot of poker and being lazy. But I have been studying reading articles and watching videos :D

Thank you for the tilt advice, I have set myself a limit of 3BI and seem to work well so far. And yes I have read through the BSS bronze article section but please do correct me if you feel I have not understood them well :f_p:

I will start posting hands I am having trouble with, hopefully that will help me improve my game a lot more :>

Home Work #2

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why? (
      As I am playing NL2 as for now, I will want to maybe Raise with Pocket Pairs from any position Instead of just calling in middle position and folding in early position, because calling makes me look weak also could C-Bet flop and take it down most of the time [specially if broadway cards hit]

Also add AQs for early position, AJs for UTG3, and to widen my button range a little more adding hands like K7s+/K9o A5o+

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

Handling Queens

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

[5% hand] 53.68% vs 46.32% [AKo]
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Playing PPs can be in long run be very profitable, we could even say that you earn the most money with them. You can always try out either you play them profitable or not by check the programs either you are doing great on early position with PPs or not and base according to that.

Also add AQs for early position, AJs for UTG3, and to widen my button range a little more adding hands like K7s+/K9o A5o+

Totally agree with your thoughts here. Especially if you see you are doing with them, check y our tracked for that and if you show profit why not to play?

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the Course so far.
    • RazDirk
      RazDirk
      Bronze
      I hope its okay that I am posting after so long. Being honest I have not been busy or doing anything productive. Just playing poker and watching coaching videos :D
      And yes veriz <3 this course is fun. It keeps me motivated to work on articles and watching videos more that I usually would. But sorry Im posting my homework late :(

So here is Homework #3 :D

Question 1: You are holding K :spade: Q :spade: . What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 3 :diamond: 3 :club: ? How does the equity change on this flop: J :spade: 5 :diamond: 3 :spade: ?

Board: J:spade: 5:diamond: 3:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    26.46%  26.46%   0.00% { KsQs }
      UTG+1  73.54%  73.54%   0.00% { 3d3c }

Question 2: What would you do in the following hand?
      No Limit hold'em $2 (9-handed)
      Players and stacks:
      UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $2.08
      MP1: $1.92
      MP2: $1.00
      MP3: $3.06
      CO: (Hero) $2.08
      BU: $2.00
      SB: $2.00
      BB: $1.24
      Preflop: Hero is CO with A :club: J :club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.
      Flop: ($0.25) 2 :club: 6 :diamond: 3 :diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.
      Turn: ($0.25) 5 :club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BU raises to $0.44, BB folds, Hero...?

The range im putting him on after the check\raise turn is either Set or Straight. 22, 33, 44, 55, 66.

Board: 6:diamond: 3:diamond: 2:club:  5:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    19.89%  17.05%   2.84% { AcJc }
      UTG+1  80.11%  77.27%   2.84% { 66-22 }

My original odds if he has "44" are 4:1 with discounted odds [Overcards], but if he happens to have a set then i should discount 6c 3c which gives me 5.5:1 and my pot odds are 4:1. My implied odd seems good if I do hit the river to get paid my missing pot odds. So I would call here & re-evaluate the hand on the river.

Question 3: Do you have questions about your postflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.
      Jacks
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

Of course it's fine to post! You can finish the course whenever you have time, you can continue whenever you want. :)

About Question #1:
      Preflop Equity:

Equity Win Tie
      UTG 50.78% 50.40% 0.38% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 49.22% 48.84% 0.38% { 3d3c }

Postflop Equity:

Board: J:spade: 5:diamond: 3:spade:
      Equity Win Tie
      UTG 26.46% 26.46% 0.00% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 73.54% 73.54% 0.00% { 3d3c }

About Question #2:
      There are several occasions on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. Which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs so that means we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

You are doing great progress, keep going!
    • RazDirk
      RazDirk
      Bronze
      Hello veriz <3 Here is HW #4.

Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation in which you have the initiative postflop.
      3bet Queens.

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members.
      Nl5 Aa

Question 3: You are on the flop with K:spade: Q:diamond: . The board cards are J:spade: , 9:club: , 8:heart: , and your opponent holds 7:club: 7:heart: . What is your equity in this spot?

Board: J:spade: 9:club: 8:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    41.41%  41.41%   0.00% { KsQd }
      MP3    58.59%  58.59%   0.00% { 7h7c }
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #4 Done!

This weeks homework was a bit easier. But the idea of that is to help you go through last weeks stuff if you didn't go through everything. Or either way maybe even read some more articles, watch some videos and of course attend in the coaching. What will also help for your game is the evaluation part of other members hands and of course posting your own hands.

If you have interests you could try calculating the equity with a formula which you can use even on tables(either playing online or live poker):
      (Amount of outs x 4) – (Amount of outs – 8) = Your Equity

About Question #3:

Board: J:spade: 9:club: 8:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    41.41%  41.41%   0.00% { KsQd }
      UTG+1  58.59%  58.59%   0.00% { 7h7c }

Hopefully this wasn't too easy homework for you.