$4.30
      MP2:
      $4.00
      MP3:
      $2.84
      CO:
      $1.54

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, K.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.16, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.38) 7, 3, A (2 players)
      CO bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.74) 6 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.52, CO raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.68.

River: ($3.14) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.14.

villain 23/21 3bet 6.7 fold to cbet ? af 13.0 .... 53 hands

Standard or mistake?I see him shoving there with worst A all the time
  • 5 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, cozacu!

I'm not so sure he's shoving with worse A all the time, since a worse A might bet to extract from flush draw.

Just a guess anyway, given his stack it's a (I think) quite clear call.

Now... any reason why you didn't 3bet pre?
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Players with short stacks like him often shove PF with a lot of PP,and i didn't wanted to get AI vs such a hand preflop.3bet fold vs his stack with AK it's just too weak so i decided to call... don't you think it's better in such situations?
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      It depends a lot on the player, that's why I asked. But yeah, usually I do think it's better to 3bet - especially vs. middle and shortstackers.

Thing is: if you only 3bet AA and KK they'll have an easy fold when you do. They usually open quite loose in late positions what means: a) you have lots of fold equity and/or b) they shove a lot of trash. Like you said, lots of low pockets but also Ax.

I wouldn't be worried about low pockets as we're even money with them and you won't get paid out that much if he has 22 and the board is bad anyway. But I do think the fold equity preflop + the times he will have to shove his trash over us when we do have a strong hand more than compensate the times we're actually behind - which will be rare if he does shove wide.

Meh, sorry I sound a bit confusing, I hope you got the idea. If he's to loose we're doing for value, if he's too tight we have lots of FE + we loosen him up for him to pay us off when we have a monster. So it's a win-win.

Based on how he reacts (calling too much, folding too much or shoving too much) then you can start adapting your own range. But AK is always on mine, also so both blinds don't get great odds to come along to a 4way pot OR squeeze us (which will happen more and more if you go up in stakes).
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Well "+ the times he will have to shove his trash over us when we do have a strong hand more than compensate the times we're actually behind" this is all nice and well,but for this to happen we need to have quite a bit of history with the guy... shove a couple of stacks etc... but these shortstakers shove win the hand and quit the table.

Anyway what you said in your response overall makes sens :D and i do get to think that 3betting/call shove might be better.Thanks

Maybe i`m just to paranoiac to go AI PF with AKo,because i`m like 10BI under ev in the last week or so.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Well
      + the times he will have to shove his trash over us when we do have a strong hand more than compensate the times we're actually behind
      this is all nice and well,but for this to happen we need to have quite a bit of history with the guy... shove a couple of stacks etc... but these shortstakers shove win the hand and quit the table.

Btw vs him i would have 3bet go broke with JJ+;i`m just sick of AKo o.O

Anyway what you said in your response overall makes sens :D and i do get to think that 3betting/call shove might be better.Thanks

Maybe i`m just to paranoiac to go AI PF with AKo,because i`m like 10BI under ev in the last week or so.[/quote]