[NL2-NL10] AA folded NL2

• Sprattel
      Sprattel
      Bronze
      This is a pretty loose table. I thought I had the best hand till the river came. I think he must have hit a straight so I folded. Is it likely that he had a straight? Should I have seen that the hand should be played differently, and how could I have played the hand differently?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $2,03
      MP3:
      $2
      Hero:
      $2,17

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , A:club:
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,08, CO folds, Hero raises to $0,14, SB folds, BB calls $0,12, MP3 calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,43) 9:diamond: , 6:heart: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0,2, BB calls $0,20, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($0,83) T:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,59, BB calls $0,59.

River: ($2,01) 7:club: (2 players)
      BB raises $1,1 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3,11
  • 4 replies
    • fractalsonfire
      fractalsonfire
      Bronze
      Your 3 bet needs to be 3x the raise ie $0.24 here.

Bet the flop bigger, at least 80% but i'd go pot with that kind of board and with the number of players. Bigger bet on the turn. The fold isn't entirely bad as he seems to be passive so a bet like that reeks.
    • Sprattel
      Sprattel
      Bronze
      I noticed the low bets as well when I looked at the hand after playing it. I will keep this in mind in the future, thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sprattel,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: 3bet size is pretty horrible here, you should definitely read articles about raise sizes.

As played
      Postflop: Also the Bet sizes ain't the best, you should bet bigger on the flop & turn but otherwise the river seems to be fine, you most likely were beat and at least good that you folded. :P

Best Regards.
    • Sprattel
      Sprattel
      Bronze
      Thank you very much :) yeah you will probably see some more hands here later on.

Okay, so poor bet sizing. I have read articles about it but the trick is to learn to use it once I am at the tables and not keep going in the same old tracks even though I know how to do it in theory. I will be refreshing on the articles I have read and see if I can find some new ones as well.