BB: $11.60
      UTG: $10.19
      MP: $11.55
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $20.54
      Hero (SB): $10.00

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1.00, fold, BTN calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10, 2 players) 4:diamond: 4:heart: 5:heart:
      Hero bets $1.30, BTN calls $1.30

Turn: ($4.70, 2 players) T:club:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($4.70, 2 players) T:heart:
      Hero bets $2.90, BTN raises to $18.24, Hero ??

Villain 20/15/3.1/20 ft3bet75% ftcbet3betpot 1/5 I do not bet Turn becouse all air will fold and I beat only JJ from his value range, so I want all his floats to bet, when he do not bet I bet R to get calls from all his PP becouse I showed weakness on T so when he raises is it just easy fold? may he be bluffing more then 25% here? I do not think he will ever turn his made hand into bluff. But who knows sometimes they spew... He repping only AKs or TT or slowplayed AA - KK but he had to bet it on turn.. or raised on flop, so what would you do?
  • 1 reply
    • luizsilveira
      Hi, dooleslovs!

Interesting hand.

I think your preflop 3bet might be a tiny bit small for when you're out of position. But that depends on your frequencies and the villain's etc.

Tough river indeed. To be very honest, if I check turn there I'd also check river. That is because it changes nothing so we don't rep anything either...

Do you really think he would check back JJ (or 99 for that matter) on the river after it goes check/check turn? 22 and 33 are playing the board so we're only "afraid" he will check back 66-88 (from A high we can't expect a hero call anyway).

So I don't get the point of checking turn and THEN betting river when flush completes... if you want to bluffcatch, well, bluffcatch :D

Those are my 2c.

As the river, well, that would be quite a hero call. You are absolutely right that he is repping very narrow, like AK/AQ flushes (your card removal does not count here as it's only one combo of each anyway) and a T (including TT). But would he raise for value a JJ thinking you could be betting an ace as top kicker for the two pair? I don't know. Could he raise that ace thinking you'll split anyway? I don't know, might be. But I do think you need some history/reads to make the call (profitably), otherwise for most people on NL10 I'd just assume I'm beat (he has 75% fold to 3bet but sample is darn low. If you were 3betting much he might have called with T9s or JTs etc.). But if he checked behind A high for sd value and shoves to take you out of a split on the river that's a whole different thing etc.

Anyway, I think it's not ideal to play such non-standard lines against unknowns... we end up guess-gaming.