Freeroll Rage!

• poker880888
      I've been knocked out with AA, KK, QQ, AKs, AKos and am actually fuming!

I have placed ITM once in the last ten [~76/11,000] or so and have been sticking to the tightest hands I can. Even with an 80% edge pre-flop I'm still eventually getting caught by some idiot. After A few all-ins that 20% becomes 40% then 60% and always seems to catch up with me. Even when I get a decent stack there always seems to be some lucky fish with an even bigger one.

Am I just having a bad beat or should I be more conservative with my big hands? Or maybe 1/10 ITM is better than I think?

Someone please re-assure me :)

Thanks for reading,
  • 2 replies
    • gadget51
      Hey poker880888, had a tough day eh?

I've played hundreds of freerolls and the only way I've found that works? Tight, tight, tight...get the money in! But as you said, it doesn't work that way and the big blind calls with J2s v your KK etc and hits a straight! Oh yes, been down that particular road many many times! :D

Just have to stick with it really, basic stuff with big hands. I know, I know, where's the miracle cure! Well, unfortunately the only cure in these things, as with poker in general, is time and patience, time and patience, time get my point.

So, just keep playing good stuff like you say and it will all come to papa in the end! :s_cool:

Have fun and run good,

• KozakFB
      Only way to win Freerolls is to pick a favourite hand and go all in when you get it.