Quarterly VIP free roll sat

• liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      Just wondering whether Quarterly VIP free roll sat is +EV. the prize pool for the free roll is 1 million, to get an entry through sat. is expected to cost about 7500 FPPs, worth about 125 dollars for me. So I am just wondering how many players actually play the free roll and whether it is worthwhile to play those sat.
  • 5 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      not worth it cuz the pool is full of strong players (supernovas+++)
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      How many players are usually in this? I think it is worthwell if there are less than 8000 players.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by liguolong
      How many players are usually in this? I think it is worthwell if there are less than 8000 players.
      As much as i remember, it was ~4,000 players last time. If you're a strong player it's definitely worth it, because the fact that someone has supernova+ status, doesn't make them solid players and you can still have an edge against lots of the players.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bigniux
      Originally posted by liguolong
      As much as i remember, it was ~4,000 players last time. If you're a strong player it's definitely worth it, because the fact that someone has supernova+ status, doesn't make them solid players and you can still have an edge against lots of the players.
      I agree here. Alot of SN players are cash game experts and I wouldn't necessarily fear them in a tournament. In fact I don't think I've came across that many solid SN players in either tournaments or STTs.

Gary
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle

I agree here. Alot of SN players are cash game experts and I wouldn't necessarily fear them in a tournament. In fact I don't think I've came across that many solid SN players in either tournaments or STTs.

Gary
      Yea, and also some are just rakeback grinders, you don't need skills to pay $18k rake/year :)