This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Quarterly VIP free roll sat

• liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      Just wondering whether Quarterly VIP free roll sat is +EV. the prize pool for the free roll is 1 million, to get an entry through sat. is expected to cost about 7500 FPPs, worth about 125 dollars for me. So I am just wondering how many players actually play the free roll and whether it is worthwhile to play those sat.
  • 5 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      not worth it cuz the pool is full of strong players (supernovas+++)
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      How many players are usually in this? I think it is worthwell if there are less than 8000 players.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by liguolong
      How many players are usually in this? I think it is worthwell if there are less than 8000 players.
      As much as i remember, it was ~4,000 players last time. If you're a strong player it's definitely worth it, because the fact that someone has supernova+ status, doesn't make them solid players and you can still have an edge against lots of the players.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bigniux
      Originally posted by liguolong
      As much as i remember, it was ~4,000 players last time. If you're a strong player it's definitely worth it, because the fact that someone has supernova+ status, doesn't make them solid players and you can still have an edge against lots of the players.
      I agree here. Alot of SN players are cash game experts and I wouldn't necessarily fear them in a tournament. In fact I don't think I've came across that many solid SN players in either tournaments or STTs.

Gary
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle

I agree here. Alot of SN players are cash game experts and I wouldn't necessarily fear them in a tournament. In fact I don't think I've came across that many solid SN players in either tournaments or STTs.

Gary
      Yea, and also some are just rakeback grinders, you don't need skills to pay $18k rake/year :)