NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($13.39)
      BB ($5.36)
      UTG ($5.14) 19/12, AF:1, FvFCB:50, Hands:60
      UTG+1 ($2.25)
      CO ($13.77)
      BTN ($4.84)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: K:spade:

UTG raises to $0.15, UTG+1 calls $0.15, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.45, fold, UTG calls $0.30, UTG+1 calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.40) 5:diamond: 9:diamond: 8:club:

Hero bets $1.33, UTG calls $1.33, UTG+1 folds

TURN ($4.06) 5:diamond: 9:diamond: 8:club: A:heart:

Hero ?????

Why when you have KK there is always an A on board???? X( X( X(

check or bet the turn and what is our plan on river???
  • 4 replies
    • murichej
      murichej
      Bronze
      you can't just give up and check-fold. A is also great card for 2nd barrel. villain could call flop with any pair or flush draw so bet turn is right decision. if he calls, check/fold river probably.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello frako17,

Preflop: Way too small raise. :f_cry: Giving perfect odds for them to set mine against you.

As played
      Postflop: Not much you can do there than ship the money. :) But your play already preflop was bad and you shouldn't concentrate on the postflop play if you have leaks preflop. He has worse overpairs there which may pay you.

Best Regards.
    • frako17
      frako17
      Bronze
      Can you give me a proper advice regarding the PF raise size for this situation??

And how can ship that turn??? We are facing a UTG raise from a villain who plays a bit passive. Do you thing tha A is not in his range most of the times????

Thank you
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Can you give me a proper advice regarding the PF raise size for this situation??

There are couple of articles for that, try reading them. But I hope at least you should be aware of standard 3x raise.

And how can ship that turn??? We are facing a UTG raise from a villain who plays a bit passive. Do you thing tha A is not in his range most of the times????

You are preflop aggressor? Why should he float on the flop with Ax? Only some FD type of hand would do that. And you can't put opponent always on that kind of hand if a scare-card comes.