Plo Big Hands Turn Play

• drinkcrush
      drinkcrush
      Bronze
      What to you do with a big hand, when checked to on the flop/turn in a PLO game. Please don't give an answer if you are not a winner.

Situation x: 6max plo 0.25-0.50 you are on the button in a raised pot and you have been checked to on the turn while you're holding a big non draw hand vs one player

My opinion on big hand being top two pair +
  • 14 replies
    • Ohs
      Ohs
      Bronze
      I'm not even PLO player but this question obviously makes no sence (no offence:f_love: ) and questions like this have been asked and "answered" billions of times.
      There is no answer for your question as in you can't have one particular way of playing "big hands". It is all dependent on the player you are against and the dynamics and the board structure. You have to adjust to every specific situation. You can't even generalize the big hands. As sets may be played diffirently than flushes and straights. You can't ask such a questions in poker. It is too general. It is as if i asked how to successfully pull a bluff. My advice: post some hands to the hand judge forum. :)

Best of luck at the tables, Ohs. :s_cool:
    • drinkcrush
      drinkcrush
      Bronze
      obviously there are many situations, but the obvious answer is, yes, you have to bet when you have strong hands, no matter the situation, on average at least i think you have to value bet on the turn
    • drinkcrush
      drinkcrush
      Bronze
      When i say big hand, i mean a hand that is big relative to the texture

so 2 pair and sets on dry boards, nut straights, nut flushes on non paired boards and full houses
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Originally posted by drinkcrush
      What to you do with a big hand, when checked to on the flop/turn in a PLO game. Please don't give an answer if you are not a winner.

Situation x: 6max plo 0.25-0.50 you are on the button in a raised pot and you have been checked to on the turn while you're holding a big non draw hand vs one player

My opinion on big hand being top two pair +
      oh shut up, i'm sorry but where do these stupid 2011/2012ers come from?
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Well again, it all depends on opponent and board texture. If you're playing an overly aggressive fish who pots the river after you show weakness and you hold KKxx on K726r then why can't we check behind? Or if we face the same opponents with any nutty full house (AAxx on A22x) and hope he completes a draw.

The majority of the time we will have to bet for value, generally due to the board texture meaning a fair amount of river cards are bad for us and the fact people aren't really aggressive on micro limits so we can't rely on them getting spewy on the river.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I moved this to Omaha Discussion for you. :)

Regards,

Mal.
    • TurnitAce
      TurnitAce
      Bronze
      Please don't give an answer if you are not a winner.

This is the most stupid thing i ever heard. I played with some people that were just learning the game and this is beyond.
      Let me guess you are not a winning, cuz i you where you had the answer, right?
      Go post intelligent stuff on 2+2
    • drinkcrush
      drinkcrush
      Bronze
      a losers opinion is not only probably worthless, but damaging.

would you have an illiterate teach you to read? lol
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      a losers opinion is not only probably worthless, but damaging.

would you have an illiterate teach you to read? lol
      I dont think there's any damage to be made to your brain.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach

You can't have an exact answer. There are so many things that should affect your decision, that my answer is yes. If you have checked the flop, on turn you hit your 2 outer and have set, and it is checked to you, you bet. I mean, why wouldn't you?

If you have the set on flop, it shouldn't be checked through.

I think that if you really want to have some opinions, please post some example hands to hand history review forums.
    • drinkcrush
      drinkcrush
      Bronze
      I agree with all of you, i apologize if i have wasted your time, i made this post to prove a point to a friend.

he believes you should usually check the turn with strong hands for pot control, and i needed to reassure him that he was wrong. In most cases though, especially in small stakes, especially if you're me, and your very aggressive, you should usually bet your hands.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Huh? Check for pot control? Why on Earth would you do that with your big hands? Surely you want to get it in? :D
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      In poker we usually want to put money in the pot when we are ahead, and don't put money in the pot when we are behind.

Fishy way is to make opposite. Like checking nuts behind on turn. :D
    • JohnJames97
      JohnJames97
      Bronze
      turn bet price of draws possible,
      (1/4pot-1/3pot) 100% of time,
      whether u have equity or not,,
      villain will draw, if draw busts we river bet, if draw completes we river bet, river bet should be to size to rep top 2+.

or

villain rr sets+ for protection, on trn, we fold 2pr cheaply.

or

we check trn,

small value bet river,,this induces bluffs if we improve occasionally to full house on river.

BTW, u are thinking like a holdem player.

In effect u are bringing a knife to a gun fight.

GL