CO wins $4.52

21/16/0.9, fold to cbet 38, 121 hands

easy bet turn and give up river?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Depends a lot on the opponent but often times you might even have to triple-barrel here to make it work, he will rarely fold on the turn to the 2nd barrel with any PPs.

Strange hand overall for him betting the river, I mean what is he betting with there? :D Only reasonable hand could be 7x/FH/68, any other would most likely even Check behind unless he really floated Qx.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Depends a lot on the opponent but often times you might even have to triple-barrel here to make it work,

or if I don't want to 3ple barrel, then other option is to cbet flop and give up turn? But its hard to give up knowing that he has weak range there still. Not only pp could call the flop I guess.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I think it’s fairly reasonable for him to fold pairs on the turn. Since you open from MP, you have more high cards than suited junk. A large percentage of these hands either hit top pair or a strong draw on the turn. Even if he expects us to have a high bluff frequency with stuff like AJ, AK, KTs, it’s still hard to call due to:

(1) The strength of your range
      (2) A lot of your bluffs still have ok equity against his hand.
      (3) If he calls turn, he isnt guarantied showdown against your worse hands.

I don't think cbetting and giving up is a good option. Mainly I don’t expect enough folds on this board against most players. Also don’t like triple barrelling as a bluff. Even if he calls the turn with 88-JJ, there are still enough combos of Qx, 7x, 55 type stuff to make it very marginal.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Depends a lot on the opponent but often times you might even have to triple-barrel here to make it work,

or if I don't want to 3ple barrel, then other option is to cbet flop and give up turn? But its hard to give up knowing that he has weak range there still. Not only pp could call the flop I guess.
      No, CB once and give up on the turn wont work out! Then rather just Check/Fold the flop. You will be wasting money if you just CB once and give it up on the turn.